Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24663 registered users
The newest registered user is HelloViicky

Our users have posted a total of 1504848 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Mon 25 May - 10:42
All I got from the above discussion was two words: forum etiquette.
I think a refresher on that might be neat to add in somewhere for new and current users. Just a post on how to reply to different situations and etc. I believe there is already a post somewhere like this in a general sticky?? But, an update seems to be needed. Kinda like how you went into depth on how to give and receive critique.
It just seems like people are coming across poorly to others solely because of the way they phrase things and that's an easy thing to fix.  
Let's not forget this is a forum made by the people for the people.  sorry furries.   hee  joking.  
I'm not saying that every post has to be the epitome of perfection, though. It would just be good practice for all forum members to know how to post things on a public forum - especially since the forum is branching away to include everyone interested in joining. It'd suck to have someone's only complaint about the forum be that they didn't like how the users interacted with one another.
Unfortunately that goes double for those users that have a title (moderators) as you're representing the forum. You could do that lame thing IMVU moderators do when explicitly stating that what they typed isn't tied to IMVU (i.e. *mod hat off*)
since some people only see others that aren't their friends as username + title (if they have one).

re: changes
I thought that I had accidentally zoomed in and scrunched things up when I first saw the change to the forum. It reminds me of a simplistic tumblr blog. I don't know if that's what you were going for Jen and Tino, but ya - it's nice. I never looked at the portal anyways so no loss there. This change has made it easier for me to spot updates as I now have to go through the main page to navigate the forum.

re: staff updates
I think it is useful. Just... let's not make it like Facebook, lol. "Going out of town for the month. PM another mod." is A-okay. "Procrastinating on life" is.. so are you busy? unable to reply to PMs? telling me to PM another person? It's not really a useful update. These aren't quotes of actual updates - I made them up solely for examples.
Mon 25 May - 19:02
Ballet wrote:
All I got from the above discussion was two words: forum etiquette.
I think a refresher on that might be neat to add in somewhere for new and current users. Just a post on how to reply to different situations and etc. I believe there is already a post somewhere like this in a general sticky?? But, an update seems to be needed. Kinda like how you went into depth on how to give and receive critique.
It just seems like people are coming across poorly to others solely because of the way they phrase things and that's an easy thing to fix.  
Let's not forget this is a forum made by the people for the people.  sorry furries.   hee  joking.  
I'm not saying that every post has to be the epitome of perfection, though. It would just be good practice for all forum members to know how to post things on a public forum - especially since the forum is branching away to include everyone interested in joining. It'd suck to have someone's only complaint about the forum be that they didn't like how the users interacted with one another.
Unfortunately that goes double for those users that have a title (moderators) as you're representing the forum. You could do that lame thing IMVU moderators do when explicitly stating that what they typed isn't tied to IMVU (i.e. *mod hat off*)
since some people only see others that aren't their friends as username + title (if they have one).

I know I can completely agree on the etiquette. Sadly, the thing is that this hasn't been just this board that has seen similar communication issues. It's been in multiple places in the forum recently. I have seen a handful of postings on more than one occasion between users that have come off really rude just because of wording when they possibly meant to be funny(?) or were written using language that is just plain offensive. It's really hard to interpret people's tones across the internet, and so word choice is really important. Some words should never be used as well even in jest. Everybody flubs up on occasion, but sometimes a refresher is good just to remind people that there are people on the other side of the words. I know we had the critique guide for that part of etiquette, but I haven't seen any (even searching for dead posts) for general site etiquette besides the General Rules.

And regarding the moderator status thing, it is a big help already for many users, but I can agree that we should at least make some of us a bit more clear with our availability on the scroller (myself included). It would likely be a lot easier if we simplified some of the titles since some wouldn't know unless they actually went and read the thread which defeats some of the purpose.
Tue 26 May - 3:16
True true! I have also seen this which is why I brought it up. I don't think anyone was trying to be malicious with their posts in this thread; however, some of the word choices might have made someone feel insulted/belittled/what have you. There is no way for us to come up with a way to handle every situation flawlessly, but at least we can come up with some general ways to handle certain situations so they happen less often.
It's just sad really. ;x ; I've read many complaints from people about so-and-so being rude (or whatever). I then go to read the post to find that it isn't even rude - sometimes it is and sometimes it is not: it's just the word usage (be it they were trying to be humorous like you said or for whatever reason).
Ohhhhhh good. I honestly wasn't sure if there was one or not. Hopefully one can be made. It doesn't even have to be that in-depth. It could be a simple definition of what forum etiquette is followed by a few mock-up scenarios. "Step away from the forum and gather yourself if you find that you cannot post without using offensive (?? I don't know if that's the word I want to use) language." "Contact a mod/admin if you still have questions and/or need further assistance in handling a situation." Basic stuff like that.
We just have to remember that this is a public, internet forum made by the users for the users so we have to watch what we say sometimes. As the forum grows more professional/sleek/sophisticated, so should the users/user base. :'D

+ agreed @ the part on the moderator status. I don't check the threads so having that bit of information added to the scroller would be A+
Sat 6 Jun - 18:49
really really loving the new layout, simple and easy to use! 
been here for almost 2 and half year,  seen ALOT of improvement. 
thankyou for the hardwork!
Sat 6 Jun - 20:09
loving the new layout~ <3
i have a recommendation, since it's driving me insane.
with the inbox button, is it possible to make the messages clickable, instead of having to click 'view all' ? ; v;
it's kind of troublesome / takes longer, but i understand if that's unavailable to do ~
Sat 6 Jun - 20:38
the recommendation has come a lot but unfortunately we haven't figured out how to do that yet, we wish we could do it too. so hopefully Jen/Tino are able to find a way eventually

MAYBE UN DIAAAA just not hoy dia unfortunately

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Sat 6 Jun - 22:46
Not to be a bitch but if one more person suggests that I think I will flip a table.
(I have explained why we can't do that liek 4 times LOL)

Sun 7 Jun - 0:32
you're not being a bitch, it's understandable if people have questioned it many times, and you've explained yourself many times. i haven't seen the explanation or recommendations so i didn't know.
i took the time to read each post of this thread, and i do believe that the updates to the forum layout are nice. yes, at first it was a bit uneasy to get used to, but it's simply taking the time to get used to it is what's the important part.
the staff updates are good, as long as they're appropriately used.
so all in all, i do enjoy how the layout is looking. u wu
Sun 7 Jun - 0:49
It's fine m8, most people suggested it in the Suggestions & Feedback or OT4OT threads, if you're curious this is what Bedlam explained to a user in the S&F thread on one occasion;

@Bedlam wrote:
We use a javascript code for the inbox that collects the data from your inbox page to show you a "preview" of what is there.
I'm sure there could be a way to code it, but if the people who coded this didn't implement it in the first place then it's probably too complicated LOL

And it's too complicated for me to code.

But ye I was already thinking bout this, but unfortunately for the time being it's not possible.

Tyvm for being considerate of and patient with the changes

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Tue 9 Jun - 9:35
I'm really liking this new layout!
Great work~
Wed 10 Jun - 0:54
Whenever I come into the forum I'm like..

"//strokes laptop// C-can I take you out to dinner sometime..? Like.. Red Lobster..?"

So beautiful, clean, neat, organized, fresh and just.. So easy to follow. I-I'm loving when the
header changes and there's a new background.. I squeal internally. We all know the fangirl squeal.

Hehe.. Keep up the awesome work! //rolls out
Mon 15 Jun - 12:38
@Elsen wrote:
I know you mean well, but the way you approach people who have legitimate concerns is undeniably condescending. You really don't know many peoples' histories and they may very well have been involved in coding and forum moderating as well.

There are going to be some people who know what they are talking about. So using words like "ignorant" and phrases like "other crappy websites" doesn't really help the case..
Allowing feedback should be the norm, not a "privilege". Especially in a community this small. So even drawing attention to that seems to be in poor taste, to me.

And I don't mind changes, if they are warranted and necessary. However I do object to change for the sake of change. The layout doesn't have to be a flavour of the month thing- YouTube seems to think so and look how well that's turned out. People really despise their ethics.

I'm not saying anyone despises you or wishes to belittle the work you put into the forum. But we use the forum as well and our opinions are no less valid than yours, whether we are well versed in coding or not.

If someone likes the forum changes, that's great, and a perfectly valid thing to think. However if someone dislikes forum changes, that is also a perfectly valid thing to think.. However the passive aggressive responses to anyone who makes even the slightest mention that they may not like the changes being presented wouldn't suggest it to be that way. That is the problem here.

Usually I'm not this.. Forthright in my approach, typically preferring to mind my own business.. But this needs to be said. And if no one else is going to say it, I feel I've waited long enough to bring it up.

It is work to create this site. Work no one is being paid to do. Be happy with what youre giving. Be proud of people putting in effort to a site you frequent, intending for it to be more user friendly and modern.

Be CONTENT that people care.

And as an ~*Artist*~ prop up those willing to innovate.

I am not tech savvy, but even I can use this site. Thats the point. Its not for YOU. Its for EVERYONE.

And yes. your negative opinion isn't appreciated, why in the living fuck would it be. You think snubbing someones efforts is constructive? Son, if you don't like Passive Aggressive. Ill give you just aggression.

ALL ABOARD FOR THE CHOO CHOO TRAIN OUTBOUND FROM GASR STATION. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST CALL!

TOOT TOOT
CHUCKA CHUCKA
CHUCKA CHUCKA
Tue 16 Jun - 5:37
Did anybody else notice that some moderators have backgrounds on their profiles?
Tue 16 Jun - 6:24
Yes we're going to be selling backgrounds for homepages (for a forum donation) soon.

Tue 16 Jun - 8:24
+ the new mod updates is great also like the gasr news on the side
I think it makes everything easy to keep track of?

You guys did a great job

reading through the thread @ some comments though its one thing to give feedback and one thing to just be a rude bitch eue
Today at 19:11
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next