Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504029 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Sat May 23, 2015 3:04 am
@Bedlam wrote:
Cog wrote:
@KnightsSorrow wrote:
So.. Sort of this issue when I go to edit my topic, doesnt fit the screen like it use to;
Clicky

hm;
i checked out the thread and looked for myself, and its because you're not viewing the code. as everything is centred, it makes it quite stretched out to the side, it shouldn't make a difference to your shop, but to make things easier, you can edit the coding by clicking...

other than that, (from my knowledge) im not sure if you can fix it any other way.

Yeah that's cause you're viewing it in the "preview" mode.
hee

Nothing to do with the current layout, just a weird feature forumotion has / stumped a lot of us when we first switched forums.

Thank you so much.
Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm
@Krist wrote:
Kind of selfish of you to constantly bash on their efforts just because you don't agree with something.. But yeah the feedback was nice I guess

That was sort of unnecessary. See, whenever I browse these threads, anything that isn't unconditional praise gets shot down as "bashing", when in reality it's only feedback. Just because someone doesn't like or agree with what changes have been made doesn't mean they are bashing when they voice their opinion on it.

In a community of artists, I would sort of expect that to be respected more, but I digress.

That said, I'm not really a fan of the change. It is very busy- and with all of the other recent changes that have been made, it's very hard to take in. I am still trying to adjust to the less convenient way of reaching my "Topics Being Watched" page, and the way the forum glitches out when I attempt to check something from my iPod in bed at night or in the morning.

It is rather needlessly complicated, and while I appreciate and understand the work that goes into coding (it is no easy task), that does not necessarily mean I like the changes that have been and are being made. You can enjoy a thing and appreciate the effort that went into it without liking the changes that have been made to it. You can enjoy something and simultaneously recognize and criticize faults you find with it.

Let's just have everyone keep a cool head and be open to suggestion, critique and feedback- GASR is more than the administrators, it is very intrinsically linked with the people who use it. Having a general consensus and making sure everyone (or at least the majority) is on board with changes and willing to adjust is essential to proper growth and development that benefits the users.. Who do make GASR what it is.
Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 pm
@Elsen wrote:
@Krist wrote:
Kind of selfish of you to constantly bash on their efforts just because you don't agree with something.. But yeah the feedback was nice I guess

That was sort of unnecessary. See, whenever I browse these threads, anything that isn't unconditional praise gets shot down as "bashing", when in reality it's only feedback. Just because someone doesn't like or agree with what changes have been made doesn't mean they are bashing when they voice their opinion on it.

In a community of artists, I would sort of expect that to be respected more, but I digress.

That said, I'm not really a fan of the change. It is very busy- and with all of the other recent changes that have been made, it's very hard to take in. I am still trying to adjust to the less convenient way of reaching my "Topics Being Watched" page, and the way the forum glitches out when I attempt to check something from my iPod in bed at night or in the morning.

It is rather needlessly complicated, and while I appreciate and understand the work that goes into coding (it is no easy task), that does not necessarily mean I like the changes that have been and are being made. You can enjoy a thing and appreciate the effort that went into it without liking the changes that have been made to it. You can enjoy something and simultaneously recognize and criticize faults you find with it.

Let's just have everyone keep a cool head and be open to suggestion, critique and feedback- GASR is more than the administrators, it is very intrinsically linked with the people who use it. Having a general consensus and making sure everyone (or at least the majority) is on board with changes and willing to adjust is essential to proper growth and development that benefits the users.. Who do make GASR what it is.

Just so you know, finding your watched topics is incredibly convenient.

I'm assuming you were finding them w/ your "action" button on each thread which isn't even intended to be used for that purpose.
(you can also see it on your profile as well which is on the nav bar as well)

Which is incredibly tedious if you're clicking a random thread in the first place instead of using the nav bar.
That's why we're going through and removing double links of things because it's really not necessary.

I want every important link to be on the nav bar so you don't have to constantly click through threads.
If there's a link that you would like on the nav bar, just ask and I'll add it in.

Forumotion in general is just not a mobile friendly website and also our priority will always be updating the desktop version first as that's what most people use.
Yes more and more people do use mobile that's why it's not far off on our to-do list.

But just know only NOW is forumotion releasing the ability to edit the default mobile version.
After being in beta since 2011/

So yeah forumotion also hinders that.

I think it's just hard when people constantly ignorant on the subject surrounding these and don't even give staff the benefit of the doubt that we know what we're doing...

Sun May 24, 2015 11:19 pm
@Elsen wrote:
@Krist wrote:

See I like the changes but this ^
after reading the thread, and seeing what Dearest wrote and the mods reactions... well to be frank it was a huge turn off.. i feel like, as admins/mods, your responses shouldn't have been as harsh. -clears throat-
I dont know. I just know which mods/admins to avoid from now on.. -shrugs- :/
Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 am
Innoxia wrote:
@Elsen wrote:
@Krist wrote:

See I like the changes but this  ^
after reading the thread, and seeing what Dearest wrote and the mods reactions... well to be frank it was a huge turn off.. i feel like, as admins/mods, your responses shouldn't have been as harsh. -clears throat-
I dont know. I just know which mods/admins to avoid from now on.. -shrugs- :/

^

Also I like the changes, it took some getting use to but I've grown to love it, but I am noticing the forum has became very slow with loading things. D:
Mon May 25, 2015 1:02 am
I have to agree with this.^

But, that being besides the point, is it just me that this is happening to?

Mon May 25, 2015 1:11 am
I can't speak for the other moderators who responded but I certainly was not harsh just very detailed.
Like people also need to be aware of how they are wording things / critiques. I am honestly interested in hearing suggestions (like for example I do think the topic icon idea for PayPal and credits came from members inputs) but you also have to realize that we also have a pretty good understanding of what we need??  When we tell you something we are just giving our perspective and most times people are ignorant and sorta rude towards us.

So it's 100% a two way street.
I get told a lot that I'm harsh but when I explaining our reasoning for decisions. I'm not trying to talk down to you, but I need to get through why we do what we do. It gets a bit frustrating when you have to say the same thing to 4 people. Also people give changes no chance of getting used to them before shooting them down. Like do you think I closed my eyes and just slapped my keyboard. I've been planning these changes for months to improve user's experience.

Us opening discussions and listening and defending our choices is more than other shitty websites will offer :)
They will just throw changes @ you without backing it up.

Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 am
I know you mean well, but the way you approach people who have legitimate concerns is undeniably condescending. You really don't know many peoples' histories and they may very well have been involved in coding and forum moderating as well.

There are going to be some people who know what they are talking about. So using words like "ignorant" and phrases like "other crappy websites" doesn't really help the case..
Allowing feedback should be the norm, not a "privilege". Especially in a community this small. So even drawing attention to that seems to be in poor taste, to me.

And I don't mind changes, if they are warranted and necessary. However I do object to change for the sake of change. The layout doesn't have to be a flavour of the month thing- YouTube seems to think so and look how well that's turned out. People really despise their ethics.

I'm not saying anyone despises you or wishes to belittle the work you put into the forum. But we use the forum as well and our opinions are no less valid than yours, whether we are well versed in coding or not.

If someone likes the forum changes, that's great, and a perfectly valid thing to think. However if someone dislikes forum changes, that is also a perfectly valid thing to think.. However the passive aggressive responses to anyone who makes even the slightest mention that they may not like the changes being presented wouldn't suggest it to be that way. That is the problem here.

Usually I'm not this.. Forthright in my approach, typically preferring to mind my own business.. But this needs to be said. And if no one else is going to say it, I feel I've waited long enough to bring it up.
Mon May 25, 2015 2:25 am
See I don't really understand how defending myself / the changes made should be taken that way.

I also sincerely doubt that anyone ANYONE really understands what it's like to be a staff member on this website.

You may have some sorta idea but first off the GASR community actually isn't "small"...
We actually run the largest forum in the U.S.

So by forumotion standards, and other IMVU forums, no we are not small.
Again like I know where GASRforum stands in terms of how populated it is.
Yes it was me who deleted 10k inactive accounts on this website.
Yes it is my email that they spam almost 100 emails a week of new members joining...

So, again I do actually have a perspective on what goes on here that you may not know even if you have ran another forum before and I'm actually offended that anyone would think I don't.

There are no forums (on forumotion anyways) of this size in existence.
And tbh forumotion IS made to handle smaller forums better.

Also in explaining my reasoning for the choices I am trying to explain why we did something a certain way.
Like the stuff on the portal / subforum is literally the only option we had so we didn't have to constantly update a side webpage (as I explained)

If I had known of a better option I would have done it.
But also I would like a way to be able to communicate smaller updates with members so they know what's going on and who will actually answer their PMs

That's why I'm a bit salty when someone tells me it ruins their experience / isn't necessary.
Because already it has been doing wonders for staff / members alike.

Secondly the homepage really does take some getting used to.
That's all I am asking.

Also I wasn't being at all passive agressive I think more than anything I was pretty straight forward in my response.

Finally I'm not disagreeing that going on mobile on GASR sucks but before it wasn't really that much better.
And when we updated our tool bar again, it does work better on a mobile version.

ALSO UNLESS you follow forumotion news I'm assuming you didn't know that they only now released the ability to customize the mobile version like 2 days ago.

Anyways, I would really appreciate people also not talking down to me when voicing their critiques because otherwise I will get defensive.

Like I said it's a two way street of respect.

Mon May 25, 2015 2:46 am
I love the new look! I remember when GASR first started. It's been so long, and all of the new additions/updates have just made everything for the better.
Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 am
pre cool if you lots got status simpler "busy" "free" etc like on most messenger status near you lots dp/ name / anything visible enough for others to take notice and change to your likings. instead of actually had to write personal reason.

just a suggestion
Mon May 25, 2015 3:56 am
Hibernate someone already suggested that a few pages back and I've already given a pretty concise answer on it.

Mon May 25, 2015 3:59 am
@Hibernate wrote:
pre cool if you lots got status simpler "busy" "free" etc like on most messenger status near you lots dp/ name / anything visible enough for others to take notice and change to your likings. instead of actually had to write personal reason.

just a suggestion

Thank you for the suggestion, the reason we have those threads now is just so other members can get a bit of an insight on our personal business in case they feel to be impatient. To derive from your idea though I think maybe a status for everyone would be a good idea. Like how it is on Skype, but that's only if Forumotion supports it.

I also come to voice something here, since I'm more so known to be the mod that keeps silent during things like this and just stay out of arguments. Mainly because this current one is a bit unsettling for me personally.

Now, I am not supporting any words that people are feeling uncomfortable with Bedlam using, and I am also not doing this because I feel I HAVE to defend her. Simply stating this though. Before TurtleTrainer came back, Bedlam was off doing a lot of improvements for this site on her own and she isn't a coding wiz. Even with that downfall she was doing everything she could to do what was best for this Forum. Now that TurtleTrainer is back, those 2 have been working a lot and placing a lot of time into this change to do what they can to accommodate as much as possible to everyone's requests.  This place is not just business for Bedlam, but a personal thing for her as well. I do understand that not everyone will be happy but I don't like seeing her being bothered like this. She may seem like a bitch to a lot of people, but all she is doing is standing up for and protecting something she has put years of her life into; just like all artists come here to receive the protection for the years they put into their own work.

To state one more personal opinion though; on the staff updates that others have personally deemed 'useless'. It wasn't intended for a cry of attention, seeing as for the longest time no one on this forum even knew who half of the mods and admins were (even though we DID have our own spot on the old version of the forum as well). It was simply something brought because it actually IS useful. I've personally gotten messages plenty of times from members who have been being helped by another member of staff, and came to me because they saw me online and thought I would do something; when in reality it hadn't even been 24 hours since they had sent their last message to the other mod. Telling people they are attention seekers because they brought something to the table that will help a lot of member, especially new ones, is definitely bashing. Last time I checked we have the right to have that special place for ourselves since WE'RE the ones that people are supposed to come to when they need help.

Not trying to dig more issues up, but since everyone is speaking of having the freedom to voice their feedback, I am voicing mine.
Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 am
Amen @Jeju and @Bedlam.

No matter what, forums in general always go through change. It is always about improving the members and visitors experience and to look a bit more professional or sleek looking. There will always be arguments and whatnot when it comes to change, but at the end of the day; change will happen and move on with or without you. So discussions of differences become futile and only cause more issues. Moving on and each to their own; is always best if one cannot exchange nicely or feeling strongly opinionated. 

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Mon May 25, 2015 4:46 am
cool. stuff status updates indeed significant . ive nothing against it
situation of mine whereabt tmi from whats needed to be told.
ive mixed up between personal and works. i chose whats on plate, but its not their forte. it happens.
to work by the people or to work on top of people. hands tied either way i appreciates you lots effort on this forum

Today at 3:20 pm
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next