Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 24683 registered users
The newest registered user is Urge

Our users have posted a total of 1505874 messages in 29132 subjects

GASR Time


Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Thu May 21, 2015 2:11 pm
also regarding signatures, you have to look at threads moderators have posted in to check their signatures (unless theres another way and im too dumb),
and its more efficient to just look on the homepage or the sub forum yknow

_________________________
check my mod status on the forum homepage for current updates
Thu May 21, 2015 2:31 pm
I actually do look at the staff updates and think that they're quite nice and needed + I dont go stalking the mods to find their sigs tbh :L

But, I like the rounded profile pic icons though. Much better than the rectangular ones imo.
Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm


jk m8
but srsly
try to consider everyone else yeah?
WE A TEAM YEAH, there's no "I" in team
so try to take one for the team and compromise
like we aren't going to make huge changes and decisions w/o considering you guys obviously, working to improve the forum. I don't think you guys realize that sometimes tho, Tino and Jen work extremely hard to code and like they don't get paid to do it but they do it anyways? And it's pretty much for you all and for the forum in general. Kind of selfish of you to constantly bash on their efforts just because you don't agree with something.. But yeah the feedback was nice I guess

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.



Thu May 21, 2015 4:47 pm
@Krist wrote:
Kind of selfish of you to constantly bash on their efforts just because you don't agree with something.

I'm not trying to constantly bash on their efforts, I'm trying to state my opinion to help improve the forum, they don't have to listen to my opinion but i have a right to state it and i'd prefer if you didn't bash me on it.

boogity

*unwatches*
Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 pm
The thing is, this is the easiest way to code things so we don't have to manually edit something every time someone has an update.

It is coded like this pretty much for our own convenience because idk if you know but we have a lot of shit that admins have to update on a regular basis on this forum and updating a separate page of staff updates would be hell.

Unfortunately, WE HAVE TO HAVE A PLACE WHERE THE DATA IS STORED.
I didn't want the subforum to be visible but in order for it to update on the portal, it has to be.

The widget looks hella nice on the portal.
eue

Secondly, I know I personally may be adding small news that usually I would just post in OT4OT (things that don't need to be an announcement) that people wouldn't see anyways.

AND HA YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN A MODERATOR AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW LITTLE POEPLE CHECK SIGNATURES

In a perfect world that would be enough.

I had it on my profile, signature everywhere that I was AWAY FROM SURGERY and still got PM'd everyday so eventually I had to turn my PMs off.

So yes this is actually something we need.

Finally, nobody is forcing you to make use of the status updates if you don't find them useful.


Sorry for the rant, I just needed to clarify a few things.

_________________________
Thu May 21, 2015 6:45 pm
Actually that mod/admin update is pretty handy
i never knew that some mods were rlly busy (exams, irl issieus, too much work like for school etc etc)
now that i saw that widget on the side, i now know who can actually help me without shoving my prob in their busy schedule and can take their time and such

i never watch statuses of mods/admins since im never in the OT myself or any other thread where the mods posts
so this is pretty handy

Like bedlamp had surgery.. and i didnt knew.. till she explained it here LOL
sryyyyy   </3

_________________________
   

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"


Pixel by Katie
Thu May 21, 2015 8:13 pm
I personally like it, like really like it.
I never really used the portal because my bookmark is saved to index, and I felt bad for this because I never saw everything that was on the portal like the artist of the moment, etc. So I like the idea that I can see it all there now without having to go to a separate page.
& I like the staff updates too, it may sound stupid but it kind of highlights that staff are human too with their own problems and I am always sort of worried about PMing a mod who is busy irl. People need to remember that this forum is essentially being run by volunteers, their whole life does not revolve around this, they do not get paid for it, and they certainly do not need to be doing it. You should be thankful that they had the initiative to make the forum, and provide us with such a functioning GASR in the first place.

amen
did I mention I love it
Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm
@Pey wrote:
I personally like it, like really like it.
I never really used the portal because my bookmark is saved to index, and I felt bad for this because I never saw everything that was on the portal like the artist of the moment, etc. So I like the idea that I can see it all there now without having to go to a separate page.
& I like the staff updates too, it may sound stupid but it kind of highlights that staff are human too with their own problems and I am always sort of worried about PMing a mod who is busy irl. People need to remember that this forum is essentially being run by volunteers, their whole life does not revolve around this, they do not get paid for it, and they certainly do not need to be doing it. You should be thankful that they had the initiative to make the forum, and provide us with such a functioning GASR in the first place.

amen
did I mention I love it

I agree 100%
Thu May 21, 2015 8:34 pm
@Saxophonia wrote:
@Pey wrote:
I personally like it, like really like it.
I never really used the portal because my bookmark is saved to index, and I felt bad for this because I never saw everything that was on the portal like the artist of the moment, etc. So I like the idea that I can see it all there now without having to go to a separate page.
& I like the staff updates too, it may sound stupid but it kind of highlights that staff are human too with their own problems and I am always sort of worried about PMing a mod who is busy irl. People need to remember that this forum is essentially being run by volunteers, their whole life does not revolve around this, they do not get paid for it, and they certainly do not need to be doing it. You should be thankful that they had the initiative to make the forum, and provide us with such a functioning GASR in the first place.

amen
did I mention I love it

I agree 100%


I also agree with this.

It is VERY clean and simple. easy to read and it highlights the important stuff. I personally also like the staff updates. to me, it feels the mods are just like us and its a way to connect with us. not just people who run this site.

so THANK YOU jen and tino for putting countless of hours to make GASR looking so sleek and beautiful <3
Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 pm
I like the new look, I agree it's very clean and simple.
the only thing I don't approve of is the tiny scrollbar.. but I've never liked them lol
it looks nice though, everything goes well together. great job on the coding! :)
Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm
I like it too I specially like how tiny everything is
oohhh One thing I don't know if it's a suggestion or a question, but since we are no longer IMVU affiliated can or should the pictures we make in GASR be bigger than 160x220 because other users that may join GASR might want a bigger art like the commissions made in DeviantArt and etc because since they do not use or might have IMVU then there wouldn't be any need for the pictures to be made that size, no?
Fri May 22, 2015 3:18 pm
So.. Sort of this issue when I go to edit my topic, doesnt fit the screen like it use to;
Clicky

Fri May 22, 2015 4:39 pm
@KnightsSorrow wrote:
So.. Sort of this issue when I go to edit my topic, doesnt fit the screen like it use to;
Clicky


hm;
i checked out the thread and looked for myself, and its because you're not viewing the code. as everything is centred, it makes it quite stretched out to the side, it shouldn't make a difference to your shop, but to make things easier, you can edit the coding by clicking...



other than that, (from my knowledge) im not sure if you can fix it any other way.

_________________________
check my mod status on the forum homepage for current updates
Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm
Gingers wrote:
I like it too I specially like how tiny everything is
oohhh One thing I don't know if it's a suggestion or a question, but since we are no longer IMVU affiliated can or should the pictures we make in GASR be bigger than 160x220 because other users that may join GASR might want a bigger art like the commissions made in DeviantArt and etc because since they do not use or might have IMVU then there wouldn't be any need for the pictures to be made that size, no?  

We actually already have a lot of artists who make images larger than 160x220. That is just our sizing for your display pictures as well for simplicity and such I imagine. Generally, images get resized automatically by the forum if they are too big. Many make the 160x220 art/versions with 160x220 crop so that the buyer does not need to crop the image and add text themselves.
Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 pm
Cog wrote:
@KnightsSorrow wrote:
So.. Sort of this issue when I go to edit my topic, doesnt fit the screen like it use to;
Clicky


hm;
i checked out the thread and looked for myself, and its because you're not viewing the code. as everything is centred, it makes it quite stretched out to the side, it shouldn't make a difference to your shop, but to make things easier, you can edit the coding by clicking...



other than that, (from my knowledge) im not sure if you can fix it any other way.


Yeah that's cause you're viewing it in the "preview" mode.
hee

Nothing to do with the current layout, just a weird feature forumotion has / stumped a lot of us when we first switched forums.


_________________________
Today at 3:50 am
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next