Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
70%
 70% [ 57 ]
Remove Both
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
20%
 20% [ 16 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 81

Statistics

We have 18114 registered users
The newest registered user is VoodooDarlin

Our users have posted a total of 168481 messages in 2921 subjects

GASR Time

Mon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm
Okay so every time i open a shop i will go to edit it or even initially post and preview it and like..

half the code is gone / deleted??????????????

In the editor, its actually doing it to me now, im trying to put together a post for my shop and i click preview and it displays the code/text but only the top like 15 lines are visible in the actual text box

its still there in the actual post as long as i don't edit it but what is going on?

Its been happening for months, part of the reason why i gave up with shops in the first place,
and i have some friends that are having the same issue

is there any way to fix this or what, cause its really annoying to have to re-code everything if i forget to copy and save the code or have lost it or something EVERY time i want to make an edit.
Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 pm
I had that problem too! Very frustrating!
Sorry I can't suggest a solution, but it did end up resolving itself after some time.
Not sure what changed. >.<
Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm
its doing to to me now..

and i need to edit a post

and its driving me crazy

really its pissing me off like wtf
Mon May 18, 2015 6:29 pm
Hey, can you provide a link to a specific post that has been problematic? I'll try to see what's wrong when I return.

There are two reasons as to why this could be occurring:
1) something is faulty in the BBcode of the post, especially when you try to wrap font/size/color tags OUTSIDE of the center or code tags
2) Forumotion is having hiccups

I definitely understand how annoying this can be.
Mon May 18, 2015 6:40 pm
Here, I managed to kinda rig the second post where its happening the most, it will clear everything up to the end of the [code] tag on the form, so each time ive tried to edit it it clears it.
Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 pm
I fixed the second post for you. I think it should be okay now.

When I quoted your post, I saw this happening at the end of the code tag:

You see all of those repeating font and size tags? That's usually an indication of an unclosed tag, which is strangely caused by using the font and size tags around the code tags. When you are coding your post, aim to close all font, size, color, etc. tags BEFORE you put in the code tag. I'll use HTML as an example of what I am trying to explain.

This is what you want to do:
<font=Sans-serif><size=11>Hello</size></font>
<code><font=Sans-serif><size=11>This is a code</size></font></code>
<font=Sans-serif><size=11>Goodbye</size></font>

This is what you want to AVOID:
<font=Sans-serif><size=11>Hello
<code><font=Sans-serif><size=11>This is a code</size></font></code>
Goodbye</size></font>

As you can see, this one is missing the closing tags after "Hello." This will cause any content after the code tags to disappear. I am not sure why this happens, but it is something that I have picked up within the past year since Forumotion updated the editor.
Fri May 22, 2015 6:53 am
I've been having this problem ever since we could edit posts via the 'switch editor' mode, and it's usually when I use a code within a spoiler, I didn't realise it was due to me putting stuff the wrong side on the tag, so thanks for that Jen! v.helpful
Page 1 of 1