Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506270 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
5/5/2015, 7:25 pm
Dearest wrote:
@Alexia wrote:
@Pey wrote:
I like the idea, I think its great to be more independent from IMVU.
Even though it feels kind of inevitable, I hope that this doesn't lead to screenie based editing becoming slowly eradicated, because I like being a part of the community and offering a service to others but also earning from this, and I have nothing else to offer apart from avatar enhancing.

whilst i dont think it will be eradicated I really do think that a lot of imvu based markets are going to disappear after some time, say - screenshots sales, badges, icons.
OR ATLEAST will slow down considerably

but I think DP editing is strong enough to not like "disappear"

I dont think it is a bad thing to have an increase of original art on GASR however

To sortof addon to this, If your really passionate about art you'll want to branch out anyways.
You can't do dp edits forever, You wouldn't be reaching your full potential @D@
Sorry for dragging this up from a few pages back, I kinda lost track of this thread for a little while.

I've been thinking about since and kinda figured that in the future I might just be able to branch to secondlife and other avatar based sites if/when they become compliant with the rules. So, maybe people who don't draw from scratch will adapt. As for the passion, I've never been passionate about art per se, but more I just enjoy editing imvu avatars through finding GASR, other than that I have no connection with art for me to want to evolve it much. It's just a nice way to earn money in my spare time. This is another thing that worries me slightly, because I wouldn't consider myself an artist, because I just draw things on avatars and I don't really do 'art', and the more the website opens up to new people, the less kind of 'artsy' I'll seem? So I'm kind of redundant to the fact that I can't do this forever, it's just a nice hobby for the time being until it does reach a point where I can't do it anymore.
5/5/2015, 9:06 pm
Also no banned accounts will not be deleted.
We need them to be around for security purposes.

5/5/2015, 10:28 pm
Would it be possible to change their names to stuff like 12341234123 so that people can use such names? o 3o
5/5/2015, 11:10 pm
@Bedlam wrote:
@Yeri wrote:
I don't think we really need that since we can already link our IMVU profiles in the profile thingy to have it appear in the bottom part of our posts (i'm so bad at explaining myself)

Yeah no I know what you mean but some people are still saying "it won't be visible enough for my liking" so like not everyone needs to have that filled out, but it is an option for those who really want it.

I'm personally one of the people who would like a little thingy under our DPs for our IMVU names.
Because people can't read sometimes. Even if it's in a large, bold, legible, red font.
5/5/2015, 11:13 pm
Does this then mean everyone will be able to buy AP artwork? If we're completely moving way from IMVU users?
6/5/2015, 2:44 am
Yea.. Ill be keeping Innoxia. I love it too much lol
6/5/2015, 2:44 am
@Lurena wrote:
Does this then mean everyone will be able to buy AP artwork? If we're completely moving way from IMVU users?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I HOPE THIS IS A THING
6/5/2015, 2:45 am
@Lurena wrote:
I wouldn't think so since we still have underaged users on gasr, I'm sure there would need to be a verification process.
6/5/2015, 2:48 am
WOAH WOAH
hold up
we didn't say anything about moving away from IMVU users, we said we will be moving away from IMVU and like their system of how they run things etc.., if IMVU users still want to be a part of GASR and IMVU then yeah that's cool, more than welcome to be a part of both

As for the AP thing, I'm gonna go on a limb right now and say no, but I think applying for the AP badge will be different, we're still working on that, so stay tuned for a better answer from one of the admins on the whole AP ordeal

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

6/5/2015, 5:24 am
While Krist doesn't know for sure, I do have the answer to the AP thing.
We will be only accepting AP applications based on whether or not you have AP on imvu.
(and you will have to provide proof of an account you own having it)

We ourselves cannot verify AP (because ekk we don't have the type of forum security for that).
And we already discussed this in the past for people who wanted to sell 18+ art but don't want to buy AP on imvu.

The other option is to remove AP completely, which I don't want to do so this method works better for us.

We will be keeping track of which IMVU account you have linked to AP and if you are lying then we will revoke your AP and never grant to you again~

6/5/2015, 12:01 pm
@Yeri wrote:
Would it be possible to change their names to stuff like 12341234123 so that people can use such names? o 3o
6/5/2015, 12:14 pm
@Yeri wrote:
@Yeri wrote:

Technically we could do that, though it would be better to have it like Username_old instead of random numbers. Similar to how IMVU handles name changes. However the names of users who have been banned for serious ToS breaches usually are off limits. Imagine you change your name to that of an art thief and people confuse you with them and you have to explain you had your name changed, and/or people start reporting you thinking you got away with it, if they were aware of that user's offenses. Basically, other problems would arise.

So yeah... for security purposes and such, I would personally vote NO for this.

6/5/2015, 4:43 pm
This sounds like a good change since many will most likely leave IMVU or are bothered that it had to be associated with that. Yay!
6/5/2015, 8:16 pm
I\'m serious I cant wait for June 1st.....
8/5/2015, 6:03 pm
Aisaka wrote:
Should I still supply proof since you clearly see right now our Ips are different, or must I still show proof?"

Had to re-quote this @Bedlam sorry - in case you hadn't seen it. I'd just like to be clear / prepared. c:
Today at 1:13 am
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next