Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504026 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am
here comes trouble hee
for me personally.
I like my current avatar name, but I wouldn't mind changing it to my actual name just because I can.
h m m m
To remain Ballet, or to become Kia.. decisions decisions.
I think my main problem is that I want to be just Kia, but I don't want anyone else to have Ballet. laughs.
I'll think on this for a bit since it's not like I have to rush or anything.

Last edited by Ballet on Sat May 02, 2015 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 02, 2015 11:00 am
I'm conflicted >.>...If I were to change my username into something much preferred or use to...or to keep this one. I like usernames, because they represent what you like or feel what best describes you. Overall, it is the person behind thew username that makes them known. No matter if you change your username; your art will easily be spotted and people will STALK you (like myself as a fangirl to many artists on here).  Your personality will also be spotted (Also if they click your profile stuff...they will go 'Ohhhh She/he use to be whatever!" or "OHHHH it's her/him!".

I mean think about it; we already do plenty of name changes on IMVU...it's no different XD. We always have to re-establish what we use to be called by. 

I lav you

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Sat May 02, 2015 12:27 pm
We already have a GASR101 thread with like terms and stuff.
No doubt it will be a bit strange for people offsite but I'm sure they'll get the hang of it!!

+ if it's needed we can even make a more general guide about things (what are credits / icons / badges ETC for people who have no idea)

But I mean, people joining from offsite probably won't have a use for that anyways?

We are also (soon) getting better categories so it will be easier to find what you need

(and they will have payment type as well)

Last edited by Bedlam on Sat May 02, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 pm
Much agreed! Change is always happening, but what started this forum will never be forgotten. Our love for editing and repainting, as well as screenies; will always be alive.  I lav you

Just not IMVU...only their pretty avatars...everything else can rot. Hurr

○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
Sat May 02, 2015 12:51 pm
I'm just so happy that I can finally invite my friends from Facebook, or elsewhere, who love art to join GASR without having imvu ^^. I'm excited to see other artists and flocking here.

Sat May 02, 2015 12:54 pm
There should be a like button for post; if there were, I'd so like the above post!

Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 am
Quick question : And please don't get mad, I don't have a lot of time on my hands lately, being thousands of miles away
from home. So I skimmed through the thread and didn't really get an exact answer. But as GASR should know,
especially back in IMVU, File and I are sisters. We both share the sae IP address. To avoid being deleted, how can
we verify that we are sisters and share the same IP address ? Currently I am in Oklahoma, so.. Our IPs aren't the same
right now, but eventually coming the end of this month it will be.
Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 am
Aisaka wrote:
Quick question : And please don't get mad, I don't have a lot of time on my hands lately, being thousands of miles away
from home. So I skimmed through the thread and didn't really get an exact answer. But as GASR should know,
especially back in IMVU, File and I are sisters. We both share the sae IP address. To avoid being deleted, how can
we verify that we are sisters and share the same IP address ? Currently I am in Oklahoma, so.. Our IPs aren't the same

@Bedlam wrote:
xGingerFox wrote:
How will you guys define Alt-Accounts? Similar IP addresses? My Hubby and I share Internet

Yes similar IP addresses.
We will be accepting proof (via PM obviously) of people being different people and sharing the same IP.

@Bedlam wrote:
@ xGingerFox - oh no we wouldn't require anything really sensitive.
Some people just take a picture of themselves on the client or some people take a picture of them with signs.

+ it's no problem though if they want to have their account deleted, then you won't be penalized.
And again, we're not issuing forum warnings for any alt accounts created prior to this change.
Mon May 04, 2015 5:46 am
I have a question, if I was to go on a year long hiatus (do to rl situations, like losing internet,etc.), would I end up losing my name/account?Even if I write it down on my profile or send a message somehow to a mod explaining that I won't be on for that amount of time? ._." I really don't want to end up losing a name that I had for YEARS just because of not being active for that time. I never changed my name before and everyone knows me by that name.
Mon May 04, 2015 5:52 am
@KataraKnight wrote:
I have a question, if I was to go on a year long hiatus (do to rl situations, like losing internet,etc.), would I end up losing my name/account?Even if I write it down on my profile or send a message somehow to a mod explaining that I won't be on for that amount of time? ._." I really don't want to end up losing a name that I had for YEARS just because of not being active for that time. I never changed my name before and everyone knows me by that name.

Like I said, account names will only be taken if they are considered inactive (have 0 posts and haven't logged in for 1 year)
I don't think your account qualifies
hee

It really wouldn't change from the rule we had before LOL.

Mon May 04, 2015 5:53 am
Aisaka wrote:

iMandi answered this with what I would say

Like right now I can see your IPs coming from different places but posting on the same day so logically unless you're a wizard who can fly across the world, logically you must be different people LOL

Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 am
Should I still supply proof since you clearly see right now our Ips are different, or must I still show proof?"

Last edited by Aisaka on Fri May 08, 2015 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm
Good idea I suppose.

Might be a little confusing to those who still use imvu and want credits as payment (or aren't able to use paypal) but can't have the correct account name on gasr though... or someone will purposely use a name from imvu and impersonate them.

Also, will banned accounts be deleted?
Tue May 05, 2015 1:32 am
^ all this stuff was legit on the first page
@Bedlam wrote:
@Rosiecakes wrote:
Mmmm I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable because I'd hate dealing with someone trying to claim they're FuzzyScribbles@DA even though that's my account and even then, they still get to keep the username just as long they didn't claim they were me?? I just would feel safer if we stuck with imvu usernames.

It really doesn't change anything.
If someone was impersonating you we would obviously handle that and force our hand.

But it's not like you can own a name on every website you go to.
Nor is everyone who uses that name trying to impersonate someone.

But you could always change your name to fuzzyscribbles if you really wanted that name.

+ even with them being linked to IMVU we have had people attempting to impersonate other people.
We will just continue to make sure nobody is impersonating anyone.

And also in general people shouldn't assume usernames on imvu = same people on GASR.
You can use your contact page so you can update the usernames you have on other websites.
@Bedlam wrote:
Yeah I mean obviously, there are only so many names and stuff.
And people are going to have similar names even on imvu
@Krist wrote:
+if someone/people does/do actually start impersonating.. I don't think it'll be too hard to spot it, both GASR staff and users are pretty awesome when it comes to spotting things of the like
v this just on the page before (5)
@Krist wrote:
OH! Okay I get the gist of what you're sayin' now m8, but we don't delete banned accounts no matter what so it wouldn't be possible for someone from dA or tumblr etc to have the name of someone who was banned

Hope that cleared things up for you a bit!

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Tue May 05, 2015 3:00 am
i like the name change update :x /onphone
Today at 7:19 am
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next