Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24602 registered users
The newest registered user is Hopes

Our users have posted a total of 1501657 messages in 29061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sat May 02, 2015 5:08 pm
personally I think doing all that just for ONE person for ONE name is way too tedious
u big kids now, ya'llready know u can't always get what u want in life, why should you get special treatment because u throwing a hissy fit over one name?

although, in some cases if the user only has a sprinkle of posts here and there but hasn't been on in over at least 2 years, then yeah totally probs wouldn't be too big a deal to get u the name. or like if they only have 1-3 posts and it's been a year it prob won't be too big of a deal, obviously with situations like this we're going to have to take it case by case.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm
I think when we're starting to change names, no we won't do that just because we're going to get a shit ton of requests but yes it is something I have thought of for the future.

I mean, technically it has been something I have already been forced to do with our current system.

I have sent an email saying "hey you have to change your name or your account will be deactivated"
Because, sometimes when someone wants to change their name, someone here (who isn't active etc) already has it and has made forum posts.

(since you know clearly they changed their name to something else while someone has claimed it)

Also if you guys are creating accounts to "reserve" a name, you're going to have to wait for 1 year for it to be inactive so... LOL.

Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 pm
@Yeri wrote:
I don't think we really need that since we can already link our IMVU profiles in the profile thingy to have it appear in the bottom part of our posts (i'm so bad at explaining myself)

Yeah no I know what you mean but some people are still saying "it won't be visible enough for my liking" so like not everyone needs to have that filled out, but it is an option for those who really want it.

Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm
I am glad I already have the name I want and love. I hope this all moves smoothly

It's too bad we can't have a system in place in which ,like on IMVU, no one could take your name regardless of how long you've been gone [via purchasing your name] since..I mean..I leave stuff sporadically for months, even years [Facebook, IMVU, Myspace LOL, etc] and still come back eventually, but for that same reason I buy the name so no one else could take it..#SrsAbandoner...Lol Life happens and sometimes things get put on the burner or momentarily loss of interest. The idea of having to make a new account because "someone wanted my name" when I still have the information to the old one would be sad.

I guess you'll have to make an effort to post in off topic every so often or something  
Sat May 02, 2015 8:44 pm
Question: we can reserve a name? or its first comes first saves? xD
Sat May 02, 2015 9:03 pm
What about names that have been banned for stealing etc on here and IMVU. Does that mean since theyre gone you could take there name? If so wouldnt you be getting there bad reputation from stealing. Having that said name would make people think you are a thief. ._.
Sat May 02, 2015 9:11 pm
@Diw
first come first serve, no reserves.

@KnightsSorrow
okay.. so just quick question because i can't wrap my head around what you're asking, but basically if you already know their name has a bad rep, why would you want it in the first place??

@Flix wrote:

Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 pm
I mean if GASR is moving more away from imvu. What if a person signs up who hasnt heard of Imvu or GASR before (either they heard about it on tumblr or DA about GASR) is what I was meaning. They wouldnt know whom has a bad rep.
Sat May 02, 2015 9:42 pm
OH! Okay I get the gist of what you're sayin' now m8, but we don't delete banned accounts no matter what so it wouldn't be possible for someone from dA or tumblr etc to have the name of someone who was banned

Hope that cleared things up for you a bit!

@Flix wrote:

Sat May 02, 2015 9:50 pm
So this is mostly for Tino/Alex/tech, but since this change is happening, make sure to change the page when users first sign up for the forum - since it currently states that you must use your IMVU name. Once you plan to initiate the non-IMVU policy thing, it would be best to change it then.

Also make sure to change the "Welcome" message - it's still coming from my account for some reason - and include all that jazz :>

I'm very happy to see the forum expanding like this. I wanted to do this for a while now but of course we didn't really have a true reason to. Now that IMVU has, unfortunately, become a bag of dicks, I'm hoping that the GASR will expand even more so.

The only thing that will probably shift is the culture of the GASR. Since "outsiders" will be coming in, there might be a shift in what an outsider thinks is appropriate vs. what a GASRian thinks is appropriate. Will this shift mean that Second Life avatars are allowed? Will it be open to all digital art, even enhancements? Definitely make sure you guys have all of that figured out before the change. I'm sure you do, but I know that was my biggest concern in opening up the forum.

Sending positive vibes to the GASR staff during these changes! @D@
Sat May 02, 2015 10:16 pm
@Katelyn wrote:

The only thing that will probably shift is the culture of the GASR. Since "outsiders" will be coming in, there might be a shift in what an outsider thinks is appropriate vs. what a GASRian thinks is appropriate. Will this shift mean that Second Life avatars are allowed? Will it be open to all digital art, even enhancements?

I'm happy this was brought up
I'm sure there are many others like me who literally just edit/repaint avatar pictures and can't draw for crap, so if GASR is opened to the 'public' what is our options?
Will GASR become a original art based site? Literally traditional art or digital art, or should some of us begin to look at other options e.g. editing secondlife avatars?
I'm not really sure what this change will do to people like me, i know we should 'expand' our art/options or we but drawing is out of the question for some
I'm only asking because opening up the site will have a huge effect on IMVU avatar edits, these will decline eventually as many users (as we know) are leaving/have left IMVU.
Generally, i'm quiet worried about this as are others im sure.
Should we think about other avatar options?

Sat May 02, 2015 10:34 pm
@ Katelyn actually I've already changed the welcome message the moment you weren't admin :')
It's coming from adminstrator and has been updated frequently.

And I'm well aware of that clean up required but thanks for your concern.

For the moment, no nothing will change concerning second life because we don't want to push too many changes at once but it's something we have been considering.

Sat May 02, 2015 10:36 pm
Whoop, shows how much I check my outbox LOL. I know for a while people kept messaging me to change their username/grant them AP and I was like "wut"

Cool :D
Sat May 02, 2015 11:47 pm
loving the new change
Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 am
Kenma wrote:
I'm not entirely fond of this idea, but I'm more than willing to accept the change!

I just think it might be really difficult for people who accept credits, or accept dA points to figure out who to send to...since some people ignore people's posts, etc.

I dunno, I'm sure you guys will be more than capable of handling things. Just a bit at odds with this idea, mainly since we'll officially be detaching from IMVU to say the least.

That and I have no idea if people from deviantart or tumblr, or wherever are going to understand some of the concepts here (AP, Sending Credits, Screenies and Badges).

There are quite a few solutions to such thing as badges and the likes. The main thing is that the owners of the forums can decide to dissolve the whole AP badge and simply make rules of how to censor art and what not.

Other ways to use badges; are to use a "Earn and/or buy system". AP as it represents, can easily be understood by "outside" users. Simply putting the information in the "Rules & FAQs" page; can make anyone understand, as to what it stands for and why it is important to have (As well as how to obtain it).  In any form of forums; you must be 13 or older to sign up. But anyone can lie about their age; thus why appropriate steps to censorship and the use of AP badge can come into play. Forum owners and their mods can't save everyone from situations that may occur. It honestly comes down to "Are your parents putting supervision to what you do?". As long as everything is written and warned; this forum will not be liable for anything. 

Screenies and IMVU related stuff; can and as most people already know: will be its own category section with sub-forums (Like IMVU has, but more organized here). 

Credits: Well people who make shops and accept credits, can certainly put that in their shop info. No one really has to use the "Send credits" button on the forum. One can go back to the IMVU site itself and go to the correct tabs. The button is just a lazier way in my opinion.

I can understand the hesitation of change and having DP edits/repaints, screenies and badges become a thing of the past. But I'm pretty sure it will always be here to stay; just in a smaller section. 

I've been on plenty of forums and one thing I have ALWAYS learned "People always stick to certain areas of the forum". 

It is all about what they feel comfortable in and what they know best.

Just like on here; I don't go to the general forum OT4T...>.> Don't kill me if I got that wrong. I stick to premade/custom shops and once in a while venture to other sections.
Again this is all my speculation. 

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Today at 10:23 pm
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next