Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506273 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sat May 02, 2015 4:22 am
This will be a showdown for names now, everyone will either try to get their names down or nicknames, really hope this works out well
Sat May 02, 2015 4:26 am
I really hope that it doesn't turn into that.
I might make it a private thing at first to get your name changed instead of using a thread.
Idk how that would work though cause an inbox only holds 50 PMs.

We also do have a link for your IMVU account in the contact thing but I have no problem adding another profile text area (that would display under your DP) for your imvu account if you guys really want it.

Sat May 02, 2015 4:32 am
Fora wrote:
fluffy wrote:
@Wednesday wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this change?

i'm not quite a fan of it either. it sounds reasonable, but being able to change your name only once a year seems harsh, also there's more chances of getting names stolen.
ALSO; there will be more confusion if people change their names to something rather than their imvu account, especially with paying with credits.
it's very positive to expand the community but it'll be really confusing and difficult to get around. especially for those who change their name on imvu a lot.

it almost feels as if gasr is completely ruling out that there's still people who use and enjoy IMVU.

Honestly, that's how I feel about it. I still use/enjoy IMVU almost daily and accept most of my payments via IMVU/send most of my payments because I can't afford to consistently restore my paypal due to bills and of the such. It'll be hard to send payment to those still accepting IMVU credits because we won't really know their usernames unless we all ask every time we have to send credits, which can get really annoying and repetitive after a while. It'll also make it hard for those of us that do still accept credits to be able to get payment from IMVU credits with people changing their names, especially with those that don't always provide proof/don't know how to provide proof.

Well for starters it'll be up to the artist to make it clear where to send credits payments- as in, mentioning it in their shop somewhere clear or even letting you know when you pick up the art.
Like what was said earlier, with the PayPal example. The same thing goes for proof although if there isn't a thread already made on how to get proof of payment then we'll consider making one (therefore people can link back to it in their shops for those who don't know)

Furthermore, I personally think one free name change a year + $5 for more is pretty reasonable. I doubt IMVU or possibly another site would do free name changes without a catch. The only reason it was free in the first place was due to you having to pay on IMVU.

Also, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way and think that we're completely disregarding people who are still active on IMVU- the point is that we ourselves are trying to distance the forum and become less dependent on IMVU.

Hopefully soon you may come to like and benefit from the change! Maybe it might take some getting used to before it becomes normal.
Sat May 02, 2015 4:50 am

We could even make something like this.
(it would look better obviously)
It would be much easier to maintain because moderators could help us edit it.
(if you wanted to do a "verified" system)

Or we could just leave it to the user to edit.
Because we can just handle the people that lie about it to impersonate someone accordingly.

Sat May 02, 2015 5:10 am
I don't think we really need that since we can already link our IMVU profiles in the profile thingy to have it appear in the bottom part of our posts (i'm so bad at explaining myself)
Sat May 02, 2015 5:35 am
-has read the news- Sounds like a plan.
Sat May 02, 2015 5:56 am
10/10 can't wait

artists with a different username from imvu - that accept credits as payment - should just add a line in their rules/guidelines/whatevs to "send credit payment to 'xxxx'", just as you would with paypal.

isn't that hard ayyyy

and if that worries you just add a line on your imvu homepage that that account corresponds to your gasr account or smthn, if you're worried about anyone taking your ~imvu identity~. or deviantart identity.
Sat May 02, 2015 6:22 am
@Yeri wrote:
I don't think we really need that since we can already link our IMVU profiles in the profile thingy to have it appear in the bottom part of our posts (i'm so bad at explaining myself)

Plus i think that the people who wouldn't have their IMVU names would feel left out in a way? idk ;---;
I don't think its necessary, Especially when your trying to pull away from IMVU.

Plus, I think that the contact option for IMVU homepage would tell you, And if not then I'm sure the person would have their info on their shop, Just like they would for paypal. You're big kids, You can handle a little change hee .
Sat May 02, 2015 6:35 am
I like the idea, I think its great to be more independent from IMVU.
Even though it feels kind of inevitable, I hope that this doesn't lead to screenie based editing becoming slowly eradicated, because I like being a part of the community and offering a service to others but also earning from this, and I have nothing else to offer apart from avatar enhancing.
Sat May 02, 2015 6:52 am
@Pey wrote:
Even though it feels kind of inevitable, I hope that this doesn't lead to screenie based editing becoming slowly eradicated, because I like being a part of the community and offering a service to others but also earning from this, and I have nothing else to offer apart from avatar enhancing.

whilst i dont think it will be eradicated I really do think that a lot of imvu based markets are going to disappear after some time, say - screenshots sales, badges, icons.
OR ATLEAST will slow down considerably

but I think DP editing is strong enough to not like "disappear"

I dont think it is a bad thing to have an increase of original art on GASR however

TIE UP A RIBBON

Son Dongwoon my beautiful angel baby son that blows up cars that I love
twittertumblrDA

Sat May 02, 2015 7:55 am
@Alexia wrote:
@Pey wrote:

whilst i dont think it will be eradicated I really do think that a lot of imvu based markets are going to disappear after some time, say - screenshots sales, badges, icons.
OR ATLEAST will slow down considerably

but I think DP editing is strong enough to not like "disappear"

I dont think it is a bad thing to have an increase of original art on GASR however

To sortof addon to this, If your really passionate about art you'll want to branch out anyways.
You can't do dp edits forever, You wouldn't be reaching your full potential @D@
Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 am
@Administrator wrote:

We define inactive as:

- Has 0 forum posts
- Hasn't logged in GASR in 1 year.

IM LOST ON THIS PARt
is this like
EITHER hasn't posted anyting or hasn't logged in GASR in 1 year
or does it have to be both?
Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 am
^ both

otherwise they'd be going around deactivating accounts that are only a week old with no posts 'n stuff?

Though, at that, question: What if someone has a username you want ~ssssooo badly~ and they have been inactive for A LONG ASS TIME but do have "some" posts?

Would you guys take an initiative to send an email out so said person requesting whether they have any use for this site? Just wondering, this doesn't even apply to me, though I can imagine someone might want a certain username of someone that has been inactive for YEARS or what but have used the site in the past 'n stuff yno

how far would you go?

if you wanna stick to just those two tho that's fine no pressure it's totes understandable
Sat May 02, 2015 9:36 am
^ exactly
so if said person only has 10 posts and hasn't logged on for 2 years (hee), it'd only be reasonable to delete them, if they haven't replied to the notification, to give that name to someone else?

if not, i can understand why, although imo someone being inactive for 1+ years no matter how many posts they have should be deleted on request, since it's super unlikely they'll be back.
Sat May 02, 2015 9:51 am
U GOT ME THER HURDURR

yeah no exactly. though what I recall a different site doing was they'd send an email (via whatever mail they registered with) to said person requesting whether they'd ever consider going back, if no and/or no answer, they would delete the account anyway so the person that wanted the name could get it.

so that could be a thing, but it depends on how worthy of a priority it would be to an admin 'n stuff yno i mean its just a username u bettr get creative and think of something else maybe

Today at 8:16 pm
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next