Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504692 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time


Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 am
will you guys be getting more mods also? since gasr might expand really quick xD
Sat May 02, 2015 3:33 am
xGingerFox wrote:
I do like that new name policy though..however I wish IMVU and GASR both would let users have the same name..everyone always seems to have had my ideas before me XD and I wind up having to add ridiculous letters to my names..if only there were a way to differentiate users with the same names.

That is true xD I remember myself using RenRenRenRenRen as my name on IMVU cause I was too desperate to get the name Ren LOL at some other places online they have screen names different from their usernames which they use to login, however I understand that it's much easier for the users to identify each other with names that are unique. Also, a lesser workload for the admins.
Sat May 02, 2015 4:32 am
Am I the only one who doesn't like this change?
Sat May 02, 2015 4:57 am
I'm not entirely fond of this idea, but I'm more than willing to accept the change!

I just think it might be really difficult for people who accept credits, or accept dA points to figure out who to send to...since some people ignore people's posts, etc.

I dunno, I'm sure you guys will be more than capable of handling things. Just a bit at odds with this idea, mainly since we'll officially be detaching from IMVU to say the least.

That and I have no idea if people from deviantart or tumblr, or wherever are going to understand some of the concepts here (AP, Sending Credits, Screenies and Badges).
Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 am
@Wednesday wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this change?

i'm not quite a fan of it either. it sounds reasonable, but being able to change your name only once a year seems harsh, also there's more chances of getting names stolen.
ALSO; there will be more confusion if people change their names to something rather than their imvu account, especially with paying with credits.
it's very positive to expand the community but it'll be really confusing and difficult to get around. especially for those who change their name on imvu a lot.

it almost feels as if gasr is completely ruling out that there's still people who use and enjoy IMVU.
Sat May 02, 2015 5:54 am
@Bedlam wrote:
xGingerFox wrote:
How will you guys define Alt-Accounts? Similar IP addresses? My Hubby and I share Internet

Yes similar IP addresses.
We will be accepting proof (via PM obviously) of people being different people and sharing the same IP.

With all of the above when would we need to send in proof of this? I currently share a computer with my partner and don't want my account deleted due to the share.

Also, Do we all have to disconnect with IMVU because that is the only way I get any payment since no one wants to pay 50c on paypal.
Sat May 02, 2015 6:08 am
HisCompanion wrote:
@Bedlam wrote:
xGingerFox wrote:
How will you guys define Alt-Accounts? Similar IP addresses? My Hubby and I share Internet

Yes similar IP addresses.
We will be accepting proof (via PM obviously) of people being different people and sharing the same IP.

With all of the above when would we need to send in proof of this? I currently share a computer with my partner and don't want my account deleted due to the share.

Also, Do we all have to disconnect with IMVU because that is the only way I get any payment since no one wants to pay 50c on paypal.

how does that work?
is this only for the people who have two or more accounts on gasr with the same ip address?
Sat May 02, 2015 6:26 am
fluffy wrote:
@Wednesday wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this change?

i'm not quite a fan of it either. it sounds reasonable, but being able to change your name only once a year seems harsh, also there's more chances of getting names stolen.
ALSO; there will be more confusion if people change their names to something rather than their imvu account, especially with paying with credits.
it's very positive to expand the community but it'll be really confusing and difficult to get around. especially for those who change their name on imvu a lot.

it almost feels as if gasr is completely ruling out that there's still people who use and enjoy IMVU.


Honestly, that's how I feel about it. I still use/enjoy IMVU almost daily and accept most of my payments via IMVU/send most of my payments because I can't afford to consistently restore my paypal due to bills and of the such. It'll be hard to send payment to those still accepting IMVU credits because we won't really know their usernames unless we all ask every time we have to send credits, which can get really annoying and repetitive after a while. It'll also make it hard for those of us that do still accept credits to be able to get payment from IMVU credits with people changing their names, especially with those that don't always provide proof/don't know how to provide proof.
Sat May 02, 2015 9:54 am


I think this is a great idea - however is there no way for me to keep my current username Vital even if you detach from imvu?
Sat May 02, 2015 10:09 am
Foxology wrote:
will you guys be getting more mods also? since gasr might expand really quick xD

Stay tuned

@Vital wrote:


I think this is a great idea - however is there no way for me to keep my current username Vital even if you detach from imvu?

You don't have to change your name if you don't want to.

_________________________
PM for Moosey Assistance.
Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 am
Egoist wrote:


@Vital wrote:


I think this is a great idea - however is there no way for me to keep my current username Vital even if you detach from imvu?

You don't have to change your name if you don't want to.



i was wondering this! thank you for clearing that up. I really love my username
Sat May 02, 2015 11:31 am
From June 1, 2015 onwards you WILL BE allowed to change your name to something someone else owns on IMVU. If for example, you change your name on IMVU to Bob and you notice someone on GASR already owns that name, they are entitled to the name Bob on GASR and you are not even though you own it on IMVU. wrote:

would it be different if they got their username on IMVU changed and went to have it changed on GASR but a user already has it? Or would they have to keep the one they already have on GASR or choose a new name? o3o
Sat May 02, 2015 12:12 pm
Again, we wanted to compromise so people could change their name but it would be much worse if allowed everyone to change their names as many times as they like.

(because then the competition for names would be MUCH MUCH WORSE)

So if you do want additional changes then we are accepting donations to the forum for it.
So that way we both benefit.

And seriously there is no other way to do it because there are people who have been deleting their accounts and if someone came here with their username they would be in trouble.

It will be your responsibility to let customers know where to send credits.
Like I mean with paypal too, you don't just assume the username corresponds with the paypal account it will be the same and it will take time to adjust but again with proper communication there shouldn't be a problem.


sketch

_________________________
Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm
Great idea
eue
And as always, if you need help with the name changes then the mods are here
Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm
Pugs wrote:


would it be different if they got their username on IMVU changed and went to have it changed on GASR but a user already has it? Or would they have to keep the one they already have on GASR or choose a new name? o3o

Again, if you got it changed on IMVU and someone on GASR has it unless it is an inactive account they would have claims to the name.

_________________________
Today at 6:05 pm
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next