Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 pm

INTRODUCTION

After the changes IMVU has made with discontinuing the reseller program, GASRforum has been thinking of ways to distance ourselves from the IMVU website.

A problem that has come up lately is people who wish to delete their IMVU accounts but do not want to lose their GASR accounts.  (since it is written in our rules that your GASR name must correspond with an IMVU account you own).

So because of this and many other reasons, we have decided that GASR forum usernames will no longer correspond to IMVU usernames.

This means that you do not need to be a member of IMVU in order to use this website!

TRANSITION PERIOD

Doing this all at once would be chaos so we're letting you know in advanced about our plans to change how this website works.

We will continue changing avatar names as usual (with proof of a new name on IMVU) until May 31, 2015.
If want to change your name to your new IMVU account name, you can continue to use this thread as usual:
http://www.gasrforum.com/t31785-need-your-username-changed

*it will not count towards your name change for this year

CHANGING YOUR NAME IN THE FUTURE

We know that (and you can tell based on how active our name change thread is) people love to change their names.
So instead of forcing all users to have a static username (which in all fairness would be much easier on the staff) we have decided that every GASR user will be granted 1 free name change PER YEAR.

You will get one free name change between January 1 - December 31.
So if you change your name on March 31, the earliest time you can change your name again is January 1 of the next year and so on.

This is just so it will be easier for us to record and keep track of.

This is a compromise so that we won't have to constantly change the name of our 20,000 forum members but also so you can get a new name when you want to.

On June 1, 2015 this change will begin.

If we get overwhelmed with requests, we will lock the thread and open it in increments.

NAME RESTRICTIONS

From June 1, 2015 onwards you WILL BE allowed to change your name to something someone else owns on IMVU.

If for example, you change your name on IMVU to Bob and you notice someone on GASR already owns that name, they are entitled to the name Bob on GASR and you are not even though you own it on IMVU.

However, you are free to pick another name!

USERNAMES MAY ALSO NOT...

- Have spaces in them.

- Be used to "troll" someone (like purposely making your name Bedlam1 in order to mock the user Bedlam)

- Have special characters in them.

- Use an AP name (use explicit language, racial slurs, "sex" terms)

ADDITIONAL NAME CHANGES

If you desperately want to change your name more than once per year, then we will also change your name an additional time for a donation to the forum of $5 USD.

Again, we just want to disuade as many people as possible from changing their name a lot because no doubt with everyone able to change their name it would be hell.

It should be noted that this is another compromise that would hopefully benefit the forum in a positive way.
If you don't want to pay, then you can just change your name next year.

IF SOMEONE HAS THE NAME YOU WANT
If someone on GASR has a name that you want for yourself, the staff members will delete it as long as it's an inactive account.

We define inactive as:

- Has 0 forum posts
- Hasn't logged in GASR in 1 year.

If the account qualifies as inactive you may have their name.

ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNTS

From this moment forward, we will no longer allow alternative accounts on GASR forum.
If you have created an alternative account prior to May 1, 2015, you will NOT receive a forum warning but we will delete alternative accounts as we find them.

You can help us speed the procedure by PMing an admin if you would like to have an alternative account deleted.

This is so we don't have a sudden spam of people taking names they want.
We want you guys to have 1 account you use on GASR.
Now that you can have your name as whatever there is no reason to make an alternative account because you no longer need to "claim" a name you own!

If you do create an alternative account (any created after May 31), you will receive an official forum warning.

This is just one of the changes that is going to happening to GASR this year!!
We have plenty of other things planned to enrich the community here.
Hope you all stick around to see it happen.

Last edited by Administrator on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sat May 02, 2015 12:09 am
Honestly such a nice change. Great idea~
Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 am
amen
can finally get rid of my imvu account
Sat May 02, 2015 12:51 am
Great change and I think it's a good idea to get more donations.
Sat May 02, 2015 12:55 am
This is a great idea, I can not wait to change my username here and finally break free from my imvu username. Imvu won't let me even change my username because of an inactive person. -_- Stupid rules.
Sat May 02, 2015 12:58 am
Awesome!~ Was kinda getting tired of using my IMVU name on here anyway =w=b
Sat May 02, 2015 1:20 am
yasss :^))
Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 am
Mmmm I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable because I'd hate dealing with someone trying to claim they're FuzzyScribbles@DA even though that's my account and even then, they still get to keep the username just as long they didn't claim they were me?? I just would feel safer if we stuck with imvu usernames.

Last edited by Rosiecakes on Sat May 02, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 02, 2015 1:32 am
Finally!
I personally won't be changing my name, but the further we distance ourselves from that ratchet site, the better.

//roundofafluffingplause
Sat May 02, 2015 1:35 am
@Rosiecakes wrote:
Mmmm I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable because I'd hate dealing with someone trying to claim they're FuzzyScribbles@DA even though that's my account and even then, they still get to keep the username just as long they didn't claim they were me??

Do you think I can find "Chocobo" anywhere I go? Hardly anyone has a universal username on every account they own. It's just not the way things work on the net.

Though fuzzyscribbles may be slightly unique, so I don't think it has a high probability of being takeN. But other keyword names could be thought of a billion times by different people. It's really just first come first serve with that type of thing
Sat May 02, 2015 1:40 am
Yeah I guess.

I just think gasr staff will probably deal with more identity issues and trolls, since there are always rulebreakers.
Sat May 02, 2015 1:41 am
@Rosiecakes wrote:
Mmmm I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable because I'd hate dealing with someone trying to claim they're FuzzyScribbles@DA even though that's my account and even then, they still get to keep the username just as long they didn't claim they were me?? I just would feel safer if we stuck with imvu usernames.

It really doesn't change anything.
If someone was impersonating you we would obviously handle that and force our hand.

But it's not like you can own a name on every website you go to.
Nor is everyone who uses that name trying to impersonate someone.

But you could always change your name to fuzzyscribbles if you really wanted that name.

+ even with them being linked to IMVU we have had people attempting to impersonate other people.
We will just continue to make sure nobody is impersonating anyone.

And also in general people shouldn't assume usernames on imvu = same people on GASR.
You can use your contact page so you can update the usernames you have on other websites.

Sat May 02, 2015 1:43 am
Definitely.  I think we can rest assured that no Fuzzysc1bbl3s and Ch0cob0's will he waltzing through here ....hopefully? Lol
Sat May 02, 2015 1:45 am
Yeah I mean obviously, there are only so many names and stuff.
And people are going to have similar names even on imvu

Sat May 02, 2015 1:53 am
Lol yeh just the whole impersonating thing will drive me insane. I'll probably just change my username to FuzzyScribbles and have proof on all my sites saying I'm so n so on other sites just to make sure people don't try sneaky shiz sketch since I use FuzzyDoki or FuzzyScribbles like everywhere except Imvu.
Today at 6:12 pm
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next