Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25921 registered users
The newest registered user is Goshiboo

Our users have posted a total of 1555377 messages in 30018 subjects

GASR Time

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:28 pm
I know they're called "tables" and there's only a little snippet on how to use them as an actual table in the GASR 101 topic. I just want to know how do I make the box without any dividers? Add a background to it? Make it a solid color background? How do I make it the right size?
I see everyone with them in their shops and it's so cute and professional and I feel like an old hag not knowing how to do it. So if someone would be so kind as to add in a little bit of insight, that'd be awesome. Thank you!

PS. I'm sorry if it's just so obvious and I'm not getting it. I've tried quoting posts with the box to look at the coding and it just escapes me. I promise I'm not thick, I just need to learn it once so I can apply it continually.

Examples of the boxes in case I'm not coming off clear enough:
http://www.gasrforum.com/t34244-t-p-s-slots-open
http://www.gasrforum.com/t32727-os-o-custom-4-4-o-full
Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:36 pm
the "box without any dividers" is actually one table with a couple of attributes in it. I'll have a code down below that you can copy and paste and kinda poke around for yourself.
so here goes. to answer your questions,

if you have quoted posts, then you maybe have noticed this:

Code:
"table style="background-color: #cccc99; border: 1px solid #000000; color: #000000; padding: 15px; width: 504px;  cellspacing="]
[center"
That is how you you begin your table. Its got all the important stuff in it.

and then you end it like this

Code:
[/center]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

your content goes between those two codes.

What you need to know

"table style=background-color: #000000 " you replace the "#000000" hex code colour of your choice.

"border: 1px solid" increase the number for a thicker border. decrease or set to "0" for thinner or none.

"color: #000000" this is your border colour

"padding: 15px;" increase or decrease number for margin width

"border-radius;" increase or decrease for curved corners

"width: 504px;" increase or decrease number for wider or thinner table. *usually its not advised to go over 800px

TEXT, PICS, CONTENT HERE
*text and content can be edited as normal*

Code:
[table style="background-color: #cccc99; border: 1px solid #000000; color: #000000; padding: 15px; border-radius:7px; width: 504px;  cellspacing="][tr][td][center]

[font=trebuchet ms][size=12]

TEXT, PICS, CONTENT HERE
*text and content can be edited as normal*

[/size][/font][/center]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

does this help at all?
Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 pm

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:41 pm
Thank you sweet Jesus that is EXACTLY what I needed @ InsaneExorsist

I like how it kind of walked me through?
I'd definitely suggest copy and pasting that explanation into the topic Krist linked.
Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm
I'll quote it and add it in somewhere
locking this now.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Page 1 of 1