Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 25945 registered users
The newest registered user is guysart

Our users have posted a total of 1556486 messages in 30035 subjects

GASR Time


Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:54 pm
Wondering if any of you know any programs like paint tool sai

I have tried
-firealpaca
-gimp
-paint tool sai



pls let me know
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:59 pm
Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 am
Corel Painter isn't free but it's an option.

_________________________
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am
Opencanvas isn't free either (I think there are free versions out there though...It used to be free entirely), but you may still be able to find the free ones.
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:08 pm
thanks for the replies~

how is "MyPaint" and "Krita"?
would any of you recommend it? (users who have tried?)
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm
i think krita is alright. but it'd def up to your own preference.
try looking up some videos that use those programs? c:
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm
Personally never used Krita, but I've watched/seen some reviews and it looks like a really nice program, although isn't it relatively new as well? I can't quite remember, but I'd definitely say go for it if it's something you want to try.

I'm satisfied with the programs I currently have so naturally I don't see much reason for me to try any other ones.

Also, jw, but why do you want to try other programs if you already like PTS?

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:52 pm
@Krist wrote:
Personally never used Krita, but I've watched/seen some reviews and it looks like a really nice program, although isn't it relatively new as well? I can't quite remember, but I'd definitely say go for it if it's something you want to try.

I'm satisfied with the programs I currently have so naturally I don't see much reason for me to try any other ones.

Also, jw, but why do you want to try other programs if you already like PTS?
I used paint tool SAI on my old laptop before it caught a lot of viruses 
but like it wasn't the paid one, LOL, it was a "fan-made" one
and I wondering if there were any good programs like paint tool sai 
if there weren't, was just going to buy the program for my new laptop


thanks for your input thoo 
Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:48 pm
OO yeah then definitely buy it!
It's well worth the price imo
which the price is pretty cheap for such a program so yeah if you can buy it definitely do~

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:22 am
Periodical wrote:
@Krist wrote:
Personally never used Krita, but I've watched/seen some reviews and it looks like a really nice program, although isn't it relatively new as well? I can't quite remember, but I'd definitely say go for it if it's something you want to try.

I'm satisfied with the programs I currently have so naturally I don't see much reason for me to try any other ones.

Also, jw, but why do you want to try other programs if you already like PTS?
I used paint tool SAI on my old laptop before it caught a lot of viruses 
but like it wasn't the paid one, LOL, it was a "fan-made" one
and I wondering if there were any good programs like paint tool sai 
if there weren't, was just going to buy the program for my new laptop


thanks for your input thoo 

I personally like Sai, when I registered my tablet, I was able to download SketchBook Express and Art Rage. 
Personally not a fan of either since they don't really have layers. The SketchBook one is a free one, so I get two layers to work with, that's about it. 
But my Sai I am using is the fan make one. Would so buy the original one if I have money. Maybe after I graduate high school in May.
Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 pm
@Krist wrote:
OO yeah then definitely buy it!
It's well worth the price imo
which the price is pretty cheap for such a program so yeah if you can buy it definitely do~
i got ittt   hee
Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm
@EmeraldLagoon wrote:
Periodical wrote:
@Krist wrote:
Personally never used Krita, but I've watched/seen some reviews and it looks like a really nice program, although isn't it relatively new as well? I can't quite remember, but I'd definitely say go for it if it's something you want to try.

I'm satisfied with the programs I currently have so naturally I don't see much reason for me to try any other ones.

Also, jw, but why do you want to try other programs if you already like PTS?
I used paint tool SAI on my old laptop before it caught a lot of viruses 
but like it wasn't the paid one, LOL, it was a "fan-made" one
and I wondering if there were any good programs like paint tool sai 
if there weren't, was just going to buy the program for my new laptop


thanks for your input thoo 

I personally like Sai, when I registered my tablet, I was able to download SketchBook Express and Art Rage. 
Personally not a fan of either since they don't really have layers. The SketchBook one is a free one, so I get two layers to work with, that's about it. 
But my Sai I am using is the fan make one. Would so buy the original one if I have money. Maybe after I graduate high school in May.
o i c
i got viruses from the fan-made one i had,so I got a new laptop LOL 
Page 1 of 1