Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 25381 registered users
The newest registered user is JenniCzar

Our users have posted a total of 1534401 messages in 29629 subjects

GASR Time


Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Wed 8 Apr - 15:32
@Bedlam wrote:
Areti wrote:
GASR is sadly tied to IMVU because 99.99% of their users are from IMVU.. and most just want pretty edits for their dps.

Gasr couldn't really be compared to dA, dA is a gallery like website, GASR is a forum ; O;

To be honest recently we're barely tied to IMVU.
I don't even update my DP on imvu LOL.

Like most people have OCs that aren't even IMVU avatars anymore.
Every day we distance ourselves more and more.


Ehh.. we do use their currency and, like I said, all of us played IMVU at some point xD

I guess we'll finally cut all ties now that we can't use credits anymore.
Wed 8 Apr - 15:33
@Rosiecakes wrote:
Was thinking... people who have no prob doing this but still want to earn credits and then sell some on the side (of course only to imvu soon) they can have sticker payments or something that'll cover the expense of the art they're buying and it'd be accounted as a product sale. Right???

New process summary:

Quote :
Step 1: Sign the new Creator Agreement and Creator Policy
Step 2: Set your catalog to start earning money
Step 3: Verify your account by providing your full name, physical address, PayPal ID and tax identity information
Step 4: Your information and your catalog are reviewed and you are notified when account verification is complete
Step 5: Watch your available balance to reach the minimum - $50
Step 6: Request a payout to your PayPal account (as long as your account is verified)


_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:35
like tino said @ rosiecakes the sticker think is just like
they make the process so tedious and ?? information prying and shit that it's just not worth it for artists.

_________________________

TIE UP A RIBBON

Son Dongwoon my beautiful angel baby son that blows up cars that I love
twittertumblrDA

Wed 8 Apr - 15:36
Areti wrote:
@Bedlam wrote:
Areti wrote:
GASR is sadly tied to IMVU because 99.99% of their users are from IMVU.. and most just want pretty edits for their dps.

Gasr couldn't really be compared to dA, dA is a gallery like website, GASR is a forum ; O;

To be honest recently we're barely tied to IMVU.
I don't even update my DP on imvu LOL.

Like most people have OCs that aren't even IMVU avatars anymore.
Every day we distance ourselves more and more.


Ehh.. we do use their currency and, like I said, all of us played IMVU at some point xD

I guess we'll finally cut all ties now that we can't use credits anymore.

Nono we all started from IMVU and I'm not saying we're completely separate from it.
I'm saying as GASR has progressed you aren't required to be active on imvu to make use of this forum.

_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:38
I feel so bad for CALEB
Wed 8 Apr - 15:39
Ehhh, what a-holes... guess I'll still try it but what a nuisance. Why do I get the feeling this process will take longer than just going to resellers?
Wed 8 Apr - 15:40
@Rosiecakes wrote:
Ehhh, what a-holes... guess I'll still try it but what a nuisance. Why do I get the feeling this process will take longer than just going to resellers?

Yes it will but imvu is cutting them out completely so they can control credit prices.
I bet they feel as though nobody buys credits through imvu.

And I mean why would you....

But I don't understand how they plan to do this?

Like you can still get credits from sales.
So like unless they make it so you can't send credits to people anymore?????

_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:45
Wed 8 Apr - 15:46

_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:48
Was just thinking, they probably didn't make enough profit from their ridiculous sales, possibly the actual reason why they did this.

I might try and see about finding people who would like to buy credits from me before doing this agreement thing but who knows how that'll work. I just really don't want to give my tax info, why do they need that? They should just need our paypal like wth.


Edit: @signing that petition a million times over omfg
Wed 8 Apr - 15:50
Oh my god I am sicker than a dog and this is so much information to process.  I've only skimmed bits and pieces, but I don't even understand how to feel right now.

I'm a creator so I'm fucking excited because $0.40 per 1k is better if not right on point with a lot of the popular resellers, so I won't lose money, but now I don't understand if GASR is going to be a paypal/dA point system only now or what.

It's probably a shite change but I've only looked at the pricing.
Wed 8 Apr - 15:53
@Seriously wrote:
Oh my god I am sicker than a dog and this is so much information to process.  I've only skimmed bits and pieces, but I don't even understand how to feel right now.

I'm a creator so I'm fucking excited because $0.40 per 1k is better if not right on point with a lot of the popular resellers, so I won't lose money, but now I don't understand if GASR is going to be a paypal/dA point system only now or what.

It's probably a shite change but I've only looked at the pricing.

But at the same time, people will not be buying as much credits and thus not spending them in the catalog.

Like selling your credits for $0.37 for 1k or whatever frigging SUCKED but it made sense because credit resellers were selling credits back for like $0.5 for 1k

HOWEVER imvu will be buying credits at a rate of $0.4 for 1k and then reselling them for $1 for 1k

Like


????????????????????/

HOW IS THAT FAIR TO DEVS

_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:55
oh my god that is total fucking shit.

I wasn't even aware that the resellers were going to be COMPLETELY phased out.

so like, unless they remove the ability to send credits to other people, we're about to get a lot of private reselling going on.
Wed 8 Apr - 15:56
@Seriously wrote:
oh my god that is total fucking shit.

I wasn't even aware that the resellers were going to be COMPLETELY phased out.  

so like, unless they remove the ability to send credits to other people, we're about to get a lot of private reselling going on.

Like yeah that is what is going to happen
But I am so confused at how they plan to do this?

_________________________
Wed 8 Apr - 15:56
That's not the worst. The worst part is that people outside the US get 30% less meaning 28$ USD for 100k...

Kill me now pls.
Today at 23:21
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next