Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 25349 registered users
The newest registered user is Esko

Our users have posted a total of 1532671 messages in 29596 subjects

GASR Time


Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 63  Next
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:48 pm
With them monitoring credit transfers, they probably are suspecting people selling credits to other users. This means this black market dealio wouldn't work out, they'll probably remove the option to send credits and make badgers rely on catalog sales to make badges (they better drop the price for making friggin badges then)... unless it was done through a catty sale which they can't say we can't charge oh so much for it unless they place a restriction on how much we can charge on certain products.

AND they aren't hiring us, technically imvu is a luxury, a hobby and we won't be making over $10k where we would need to file taxes in the usa so wtf. There's no need for any info other than our paypal and verifying our catalog is legit.
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:49 pm
@Rosiecakes wrote:
With them monitoring credit transfers, they probably are suspecting people selling credits to other users. This means this black market dealio wouldn't work out, they'll probably remove the option to send credits and make badgers rely on catalog sales to make badges (they better drop the price for making friggin badges then)... unless it was done through a catty sale which they can't say we can't charge oh so much for it unless they place a restriction on how much we can charge on certain products.

AND they aren't hiring us, technically imvu is a luxury, a hobby and we won't be making over $10k where we would need to file taxes in the usa so wtf. There's no need for any info other than our paypal and verifying our catalog is legit.
^^^^^^^^
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:50 pm
ok so now im worried. i sent money to get credits and she had to file a ticket. ugh
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm
oooO true tho
RIP 3:
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:57 pm
i'm super inactive and i just spontaneously logged on and saw this

there seems to be lots of people throwing around things they'd use to replace the currencies.. (DA, SecondLife)

does that mean the people who just buy art would have to make like 600 different accounts because of different payment methods people may use???

idk i'm confused and this is JUST when i started thinking about creating art again. i've been practicing for years (like 4 now, tbh) just so my art wouldn't be embarrassing and now it's all blegh. sweet.
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:59 pm
^pretty much yes, until imvu gets their heads out of their arses


Last edited by Kenobi on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 pm
IMVU was doing so well as a business I don't really see why they'd do this tbh. People are just going to start leaving and no creator or artist is going to appreciate this. Wouldn't they lose more than gain?
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm
they are just getting more greedy than they already are




just saying
1k is now 0.24 cents worth in reseller e.e


_________________________
   

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"


Pixel by Katie


Last edited by Mattie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm
Tol wrote:
IMVU was doing so well as a business I don't really see why they'd do this tbh. People are just going to start leaving and no creator or artist is going to appreciate this. Wouldn't they lose more than gain?

i dont think they give two shits
because whoever signs up to imvu after all this panic won't have a clue
they'll build some whole new experience once they get rid of all of us so they won't need us anymore

_________________________
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:06 pm
@Unequal wrote:
Tol wrote:
IMVU was doing so well as a business I don't really see why they'd do this tbh. People are just going to start leaving and no creator or artist is going to appreciate this. Wouldn't they lose more than gain?

i dont think they give two shits
because whoever signs up to imvu after all this panic won't have a clue
they'll build some whole new experience once they get rid of all of us so they won't need us anymore
^very accurate prediction 

it's ridiculous how they made a huge change without the community's opinion 
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm
as for the gasr black market thing, idk just a thought but couldn't it get messy (with the law) if someone pretty much ratted it out? IMVU could probably take action, saying that it was against their rules and yknow. Credits are theirs to make rules for.
Just sayin' cause people who rat do exist!! And although it's a fab idea I don't want the forum facing consequences due to probs like this.
Maybe something can be worked out, but other than that? It's PayPal, dA, SL and anything else like that which seems the better option to me.
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm
Wow..

Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 pm
Sadly, not just Cassiopeia
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 pm
Poem wrote:
Wow..


i feel so sad for all the re-sellers now :c

_________________________
   

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"


Pixel by Katie
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 pm
Poem wrote:
Wow..



_________________________
Today at 10:07 am
Page 6 of 63Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 63  Next