Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25979 registered users
The newest registered user is currymic

Our users have posted a total of 1557797 messages in 30063 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 63  Next
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:48
With them monitoring credit transfers, they probably are suspecting people selling credits to other users. This means this black market dealio wouldn't work out, they'll probably remove the option to send credits and make badgers rely on catalog sales to make badges (they better drop the price for making friggin badges then)... unless it was done through a catty sale which they can't say we can't charge oh so much for it unless they place a restriction on how much we can charge on certain products.

AND they aren't hiring us, technically imvu is a luxury, a hobby and we won't be making over $10k where we would need to file taxes in the usa so wtf. There's no need for any info other than our paypal and verifying our catalog is legit.
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:49
@Rosiecakes wrote:
With them monitoring credit transfers, they probably are suspecting people selling credits to other users. This means this black market dealio wouldn't work out, they'll probably remove the option to send credits and make badgers rely on catalog sales to make badges (they better drop the price for making friggin badges then)... unless it was done through a catty sale which they can't say we can't charge oh so much for it unless they place a restriction on how much we can charge on certain products.

AND they aren't hiring us, technically imvu is a luxury, a hobby and we won't be making over $10k where we would need to file taxes in the usa so wtf. There's no need for any info other than our paypal and verifying our catalog is legit.
^^^^^^^^
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:50
ok so now im worried. i sent money to get credits and she had to file a ticket. ugh
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:55
oooO true tho
RIP 3:
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:57
i'm super inactive and i just spontaneously logged on and saw this

there seems to be lots of people throwing around things they'd use to replace the currencies.. (DA, SecondLife)

does that mean the people who just buy art would have to make like 600 different accounts because of different payment methods people may use???

idk i'm confused and this is JUST when i started thinking about creating art again. i've been practicing for years (like 4 now, tbh) just so my art wouldn't be embarrassing and now it's all blegh. sweet.
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 20:59
^pretty much yes, until imvu gets their heads out of their arses

Last edited by Kenobi on Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:06; edited 2 times in total
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:01
IMVU was doing so well as a business I don't really see why they'd do this tbh. People are just going to start leaving and no creator or artist is going to appreciate this. Wouldn't they lose more than gain?
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:04
they are just getting more greedy than they already are

just saying
1k is now 0.24 cents worth in reseller e.e

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"

Pixel by Katie

Last edited by Mattie on Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:08; edited 2 times in total
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:04
Tol wrote:
IMVU was doing so well as a business I don't really see why they'd do this tbh. People are just going to start leaving and no creator or artist is going to appreciate this. Wouldn't they lose more than gain?

i dont think they give two shits
because whoever signs up to imvu after all this panic won't have a clue
they'll build some whole new experience once they get rid of all of us so they won't need us anymore
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:06
@Unequal wrote:
Tol wrote:

i dont think they give two shits
because whoever signs up to imvu after all this panic won't have a clue
they'll build some whole new experience once they get rid of all of us so they won't need us anymore
^very accurate prediction 

it's ridiculous how they made a huge change without the community's opinion 
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:07
as for the gasr black market thing, idk just a thought but couldn't it get messy (with the law) if someone pretty much ratted it out? IMVU could probably take action, saying that it was against their rules and yknow. Credits are theirs to make rules for.
Just sayin' cause people who rat do exist!! And although it's a fab idea I don't want the forum facing consequences due to probs like this.
Maybe something can be worked out, but other than that? It's PayPal, dA, SL and anything else like that which seems the better option to me.
Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:07
Wow..

Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 21:09
Sadly, not just Cassiopeia
Poem wrote:
Wow..

i feel so sad for all the re-sellers now :c

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"

Pixel by Katie
Poem wrote:
Wow..

Page 6 of 63Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 63  Next