Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:42 pm
I want to open a free shop for anime fan art and i wanted to run this by you guys first in case it's not allowed.

So first off i already have a shop open in the free area so is okay to make another. I'd like to keep them separate to avoid confusion.

And second. I read the rules on the free shop's/fan art but i got a little confused. Is it alright to draw a character from any anime using a reference? and does this include the reference pose and facial expressions?
Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:52 pm
It is completely ok for you to make another shop! We allow you to open as many shops as you can handle. So, you are free to open something like a free shop for anime, a free shop for chibis, a free shop for traditional, etc or you can merge them. The only thing we do not allow is for you to have multiples of the same shop as it can spam our boards. For example, we do not allow you to have two shops in the free forum making only gifs because that is repetitive. You would need to have one deleted/locked as they are the same thing. You can easily post in our Need a Thread Locked or Deleted topic, post "delete" or "lock" in the title, or message the appropriate moderator from our contact list.

The free shop is much more lax when it comes to things like referencing since no profit is being made. It is the only place you can heavy reference certain photos (as long as you give credit where it is due such as stating which anime it came from). The only thing we do not allow is heavy reffing of other artwork/photos that are from dA without the author's permission.

Art Shop Rules (Free Shop) wrote:
These are the things that are ONLY ALLOWED to be made on the free forum...

Edits / Heavy References of Non Commercial Photos
   This includes but is not limited to the following...
   - Photos of Celebrities
   - Non stock photos
   - Movie Screenshots
   - Anime Screenshots
   - Manga Scans
   - Comic Book Scans

Please remember to Credit your sources to the best of your ability!
   Example - If you edit a photo of Natalie Portman then state "photo edited of Natalie Portman".

Remember that editing Artwork/Photos from deviantart requires the artist's permission as well!

This means that if you found an anime image on dA you would like to heavily reference, you would need their permission as a very high percentage of what you will find is original art. Generally though, if you use something like just a facial expression from one piece and a pose from another, then you are not heavily referencing from one piece. But in the free shop, you are fine to redraw and heavily reference an appropriate image as much as you like since there is no profit being made. You can draw the exact same character with the same pose and expression to your heart's content here. It's meant for you to practice and hone your skills!
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:22 am
Thank you for getting back to me you helped a lot c:
Today at 6:11 pm
Page 1 of 1