Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 25428 registered users
The newest registered user is MusicLoveLife

Our users have posted a total of 1536078 messages in 29652 subjects

GASR Time


Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:16 pm
Like, If you make somene something in the free shops section and they never pick up, is it ok to sell as premade?
I mean I feel kinda bad, because I am selling something done with their screenshots?
Maybe I am just being paranoid, or stupid
Either way thanks in advance
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:26 pm
If it is created with a screenshot that does not belong to you, unless you ask the owner of the screenshot for permission beforehand and you have their consent to sell it, you may not sell it.

TL;DR
1.) Ok to sell if you have permission from screenshot owner
2.) NOT ok to sell if you do not have permission from screenshot owner


_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 pm
Since they didn't reply me, I will stick to not selling it
I rly just wanted to ask first, not to run into any trouble :)
Tyvm for your help!
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:33 pm
Added to this bc I'm also curious… what if you alter the original work to where it no longer resembles their original character or screanies? like changing eyes, hair, added accessories.
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:43 pm
We still don't encourage or accept this unless the owner of the screenie gives permission. Since it would have been used as a base from the start the artist would still need consent to sell it.

If you do an OC piece from scratch or use your own screenies, and then change a lot of it where it no longer resembles their OC then that's fine to sell the piece without asking.

Just in my honest opinion though I feel it's bad karma to try and sell any custom piece that was done in a free shop that someone didn't want. Due to the fact that it was originally made free so why should someone it wasn't intended for end up having to pay for it? Not trying to come off as rude, but that's just how I personally feel on the subject.

As long as the person says it can be sold as a premade it's fine, though.
Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 pm
Primal wrote:
We still don't encourage or accept this unless the owner of the screenie gives permission. Since it would have been used as a base from the start the artist would still need consent to sell it.

If you do an OC piece from scratch or use your own screenies, and then change a lot of it where it no longer resembles their OC then that's fine to sell the piece without asking.

Just in my honest opinion though I feel it's bad karma to try and sell any custom piece that was done in a free shop that someone didn't want. Due to the fact that it was originally made free so why should someone it wasn't intended for end up having to pay for it? Not trying to come off as rude, but that's just how I personally feel on the subject.

As long as the person says it can be sold as a premade it's fine, though.

Yeah, that's what I was feeling bad about, even tho they never picked up, it's still their screenie, and I don't feel quite right to just sell it like that, my problem now is what should I do with the art I made for them?
Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 pm
You could PM it to them n leave it at that or you could also just scrap it?

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:56 pm
@Krist wrote:
You could PM it to them n leave it at that or you could also just scrap it?

Hmm i'll try PM, even if I don't get answer back, I'll just leave it there
Thanks
Today at 9:33 am
Page 1 of 1