Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504018 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:59 pm
I was offered to purchase this which was based off of my ref here. I wanted to know if this would be considered art theft or stealing, because I can clearly see it's heavily referenced. I really, really love this, being a big Alice Glass fan, but I don't want to buy something that would be against the rules.
Horrified
He claims he drew it from scratch, but still.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 pm
It is very heavily referenced off of a non-stock image, and so it does qualify as art theft. I went ahead and overlayed it and the anatomy matched as well pretty well, so I'm guessing it was outlined and repainted. If you were offered this on the forum, I would be interested in you PMing me the name of the artist.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:04 pm
well if you gave him one ref it was most likely going to be heavy referenced.
but he still did trace, so OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:12 pm
Dearest wrote:
well if you gave him one ref it was most likely going to be heavy referenced.
but he still did trace, so OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
I didn't give him ONE; he randomly messaged me because someone said I was in love with Alice Glass, due to the fact that I ordered in their shop, and requested one with refs like that. So she gave the picture to this guy and yeah.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 pm
Kore wrote:
It is very heavily referenced off of a non-stock image, and so it does qualify as art theft. I went ahead and overlayed it and the anatomy matched as well pretty well, so I'm guessing it was outlined and repainted. If you were offered this on the forum, I would be interested in you PMing me the name of the artist.

It was offered to me on IMVU. He was really nice about it so I doubted it was stolen until Forsaking said it looked too heavily referenced. He said he normally charges 15K+ so that's why I was unsure on if I should buy it or not.

Last edited by Instakill on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 pm
ah, the way you put it made me assume it was one, my apologies.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:18 pm
Dearest wrote:
ah, the way you put it made me assume it was one, my apologies.

It's okay! I didn't realize how confusing my wording was until I re-read it.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 pm
Instakill wrote:
Kore wrote:

It was offered to me on IMVU. He was really nice about it so I doubted it was stolen until Forsaking said it looked too heavily referenced.
Most people on IMVU that practice edits don't fully understand what is stock and what is not stock (and could possibly get them sued in certain cases). I've seen tons of stuff like this that float around/is made as customs. Most likely, he didn't understand what he was doing qualifies as theft.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 pm
He is also on gasr. I just feel bad because I don't really know if he realized what he was doing was theft, that is why I took it to the forums to ask the pro's.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:26 pm
Since it wasn't bought / given on gasr is there really anything gasr can do about it?
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:30 pm
Dearest wrote:
Since it wasn't bought / given on gasr is there really anything gasr can do about it?
Sadly, unless it is posted on the forums, we cannot do much about it; however, we can keep an eye on things. We do have a place to help notify others in regards to IMVU theft as well (as IMVU doesn't do much of anything about it)
IMVU/GASR Thieves
Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:24 pm
^cant mods give the person a warning or sommit? i mean the proof is technically there?
Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:43 pm
Nothing was done on gasr tho, so its not really in their authority to do anything.
That's like saying someone spammed you on DA with hateful notes, Gasr has no right to warn you for that due to it not taking place here.
Today at 1:12 pm
Page 1 of 1