Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
70%
 70% [ 57 ]
Remove Both
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
20%
 20% [ 16 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 81

Statistics

We have 18114 registered users
The newest registered user is VoodooDarlin

Our users have posted a total of 168480 messages in 2921 subjects

GASR Time

Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 14:59
I was offered to purchase this which was based off of my ref here. I wanted to know if this would be considered art theft or stealing, because I can clearly see it's heavily referenced. I really, really love this, being a big Alice Glass fan, but I don't want to buy something that would be against the rules.
Horrified
He claims he drew it from scratch, but still.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 15:56
It is very heavily referenced off of a non-stock image, and so it does qualify as art theft. I went ahead and overlayed it and the anatomy matched as well pretty well, so I'm guessing it was outlined and repainted. If you were offered this on the forum, I would be interested in you PMing me the name of the artist.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:04
well if you gave him one ref it was most likely going to be heavy referenced.
but he still did trace, so OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:12
Dearest wrote:
well if you gave him one ref it was most likely going to be heavy referenced.
but he still did trace, so OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
I didn't give him ONE; he randomly messaged me because someone said I was in love with Alice Glass, due to the fact that I ordered in their shop, and requested one with refs like that. So she gave the picture to this guy and yeah.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:16
Kore wrote:
It is very heavily referenced off of a non-stock image, and so it does qualify as art theft. I went ahead and overlayed it and the anatomy matched as well pretty well, so I'm guessing it was outlined and repainted. If you were offered this on the forum, I would be interested in you PMing me the name of the artist.

It was offered to me on IMVU. He was really nice about it so I doubted it was stolen until Forsaking said it looked too heavily referenced. He said he normally charges 15K+ so that's why I was unsure on if I should buy it or not.

Last edited by Instakill on Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:17; edited 1 time in total
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:16
ah, the way you put it made me assume it was one, my apologies.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:18
Dearest wrote:
ah, the way you put it made me assume it was one, my apologies.

It's okay! I didn't realize how confusing my wording was until I re-read it.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:19
Instakill wrote:
Kore wrote:

It was offered to me on IMVU. He was really nice about it so I doubted it was stolen until Forsaking said it looked too heavily referenced.
Most people on IMVU that practice edits don't fully understand what is stock and what is not stock (and could possibly get them sued in certain cases). I've seen tons of stuff like this that float around/is made as customs. Most likely, he didn't understand what he was doing qualifies as theft.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:25
He is also on gasr. I just feel bad because I don't really know if he realized what he was doing was theft, that is why I took it to the forums to ask the pro's.
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:26
Since it wasn't bought / given on gasr is there really anything gasr can do about it?
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 16:30
Dearest wrote:
Since it wasn't bought / given on gasr is there really anything gasr can do about it?
Sadly, unless it is posted on the forums, we cannot do much about it; however, we can keep an eye on things. We do have a place to help notify others in regards to IMVU theft as well (as IMVU doesn't do much of anything about it)
IMVU/GASR Thieves
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 17:24
^cant mods give the person a warning or sommit? i mean the proof is technically there?
Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 17:43
Nothing was done on gasr tho, so its not really in their authority to do anything.
That's like saying someone spammed you on DA with hateful notes, Gasr has no right to warn you for that due to it not taking place here.
Page 1 of 1