Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25426 registered users
The newest registered user is Ihrielle

Our users have posted a total of 1535910 messages in 29648 subjects

GASR Time

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:28 pm
Hi :)

Today I got offered an Intuos 3 tablet. (I think the model number is ptz-1231w, but i'll check that tomorrow.)
I can buy it for £10, but it has no pen.

I have two questions about it.

First off, does anybody currently use one? Or has used one? If so, would you recommend it? I like to be thorough before I buy these things xD

Secondly, I currently have a bamboo pen and touch tablet. Would the pen work on the Intuos? Or are they not transferable?

Thank you :D
Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm
First of all, pens are very expensive, but most of them are compatible.
Second, I cant recommend that tablet to you because I haven't used it.

All I will tell you is that looking up the model number on Amazon, the tablets go for almost 500 dollars. Honestly, if someone is offering you it for 10 Euros I would think something was broken. I bought my tablet for 79 dollars and it runs wonderfully. I currently use the Intuos Pen Small Tablet and I don't regret buying it. I also had the bamboo pen and touch and it was great until my brother broke it but that is also a great tablet.

Here is the link to the model number you provided. link
The choice is up to you darling. I would recommend the Intuos to you because its small and very easy to use and install and I have had no problems with it. Or you can keep the tablet you have. I just think something might be off if you are being offered a tablet for so little.

I wish you luck darling. ♥
- Kaylea
Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:31 pm
I'm just a bit confused, as reading online some sites are saying only intuos pens work, where as others have said bamboo pens work too.

As for the price, I work for a computer company. We get lots of things like that in, and they can't sell it on eBay or anything, as without a pen, it can't be tested properly. So anybody that wants it can pretty much have it :)

Thank you very much for your input :)
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 pm
You are very welcome
And my bamboo pen works with my intuos touch.
Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:21 am
Ooh! That's very interesting to know! :D
Today at 10:30 pm
Page 1 of 1