Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25881 registered users
The newest registered user is meii017

Our users have posted a total of 1553738 messages in 29979 subjects

GASR Time

Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 12:30
So I used to have a bunch of third-party/custom fonts here on my Windows 7, but I wanted to start again and I guess experiment with other different fonts. Thus, I wiped out all the ones I downloaded from the internet leaving only the ones that were originally already installed/included in Windows 7.

When I open GIMP, all the old custom fonts I deleted are still there. I've gone into Edit > Preferences > Folders > Fonts and wiped out everything in there. There shouldn't be any place that GIMP is getting fonts from (other than the ones installed in Windows universally, obviously).

I've tried everything I can think of. I've updated from GIMP 2.6 to 2.8, I've double-checked if I really did uninstall the fonts from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts (which I definitely have, they aren't there anymore and the deleted fonts cannot be accessed from Microsoft Word/Notepad/any other program that uses fonts), as mentioned above I've deleted all the font folders in GIMP's preferences, I've cleared my computer's font cache with CCleaner, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled GIMP.

I don't know what to do anymore, and this is really annoying because now I have a whole bunch of fonts in GIMP's dropdown menu that I'm about 99% sure I won't use again.

Any GIMP or general computer wizards out there?
Or even just anyone with any sort of suggestion as to what I should do?
Not sure if want
Thu 18 Dec 2014 - 23:09
Have you tried this?
Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:19
@Irksome wrote:
I've tried everything I can think of. I've updated from GIMP 2.6 to 2.8, I've double-checked if I really did uninstall the fonts from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts (which I definitely have, they aren't there anymore and the deleted fonts cannot be accessed from Microsoft Word/Notepad/any other program that uses fonts).

@Picori wrote:
Have you tried this?

Yup. The fonts I want to remove from GIMP are completely uninstalled off my computer, so I have no idea where GIMP is possibly loading the fonts from.
Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 19:46
Oh what the heck. I honestly have no idea then because GIMP is not a program that is supposed to hold fonts. That is so strange. I would just recommend to keep trying to uninstall and install different versions of GIMP, and, if that doesn't work, possibly reset your computer to the last restore point. (or something along those lines)
Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 1:32
@Picori wrote:
Oh what the heck. I honestly have no idea then because GIMP is not a program that is supposed to hold fonts. That is so strange. I would just recommend to keep trying to uninstall and install different versions of GIMP, and, if that doesn't work, possibly reset your computer to the last restore point. (or something along those lines)

So after you suggested it, I tried both of those, but neither worked.
//sobs not-so-silently

dis cry
Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 17:33
Okay now I definitely suggest downloading photoshop! LOL I am so sorry this is happening. There is seriously something wrong with your computer / program. Maybe try to talk to a professional about it if this is seriously an issue?
Page 1 of 1