Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24663 registered users
The newest registered user is HelloViicky

Our users have posted a total of 1504848 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 12:54

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 12:03; edited 17 times in total
Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:06
Theft - From Drawings / Pixels

*This applies to pixel art as well!*

• Scenario 1 - Someone posts a drawing made by someone else other than themself and either claims to be the creator of the drawing or attempts to sell the drawing for profit.
    In this scenario, there is evidence that very minimal changes have been made to the drawing.

Consequences
    The person in question will receive an official warning.
    We will wait 24 hours for a response.
    Their warning bar will be docked and they will receive a two week ban from the forums.

Without question if you flat out take someone else's drawing and claim to be the creator and or sell it for profit they will receive a warning and a two week ban. There are no exceptions.

• Scenario 2 - Has taken parts of other people's drawings and clearly edited it together in something they claim to be original work.

Consequences
    Their warning bar will be docked and they will receive a two week ban from the forums.

This one is non negotiable if there's very clear evidence that they have copy and pasted parts of other people's drawings and are attempting to sell it or claim that they are the creator - it's a two week ban

• Scenario 3 - Has heavy referenced, copied, or slightly edited a drawing to the point where there almost no difference between the original and the person in question's version.

Consequences

Similar to just taking the drawing and claiming it as your own... This one is most definitely a two week ban  

• Scenario 4 - Has traced a drawing. Even if the results look slightly different (colours etc) if you overlay the images and most of the lines match up it is still considered to be theft.

Consequences

We will be very careful with this to make sure things are clearly traced before banning from the forums. Tracing is a serious form of art theft which will not be handled lightly.

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 19:28; edited 1 time in total
Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:20
Theft - From Copyrighted Images

• Scenario 1 - In this scenario the person in question has taken taken a copyrighted image (a non-stock image from google) and has only made slight changes to the image (repainting, filters, text, etc) and is claiming to be the original creator of the image and or attempting to sell it for profit.

Consequences
    They will receive an official warning and have one of their warning bars docked.
    Depending on the situation they may receive a two week ban as well.

We will try and be a bit more gentle on people who are simply ignorant but since we've posted the rules we may start getting a bit harder on people who just "didn't know it was stealing".

• Scenario 2 - In this scenario the person in question has taken taken ONLY PART of a copyrighted image (a non-stock image from google) and inserted it into their work.

Explination of what this is - These are very small cases where maybe someone gave them a reference of a necklace and rather than drawing it in they just pasted it in the picture of a copyrighted photo.

Consequences
    They will receive an official warning and have their warning bar docked but they will not be banned from the forums.

Of course these cases are very rare anyways. Chances are if they stole some of the picture they stole it all.

• Scenario 3 - If someone has traced OR heavily referenced from a copyrighted image and claims it to be "a drawing from scratch" or does not provide written permission from the photographer.

Consequences

If they are tracing or heavily referencing copyrighted images and they claim that they aren't they shall receive a two week ban from our forums. I don't think I've ever encountered a case where someone was tracing them without actually knowing it is wrong.
Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:25
Theft - From Other Users on IMVU

• Scenario 1 - Someone steals someone else's avatar picture(s) / icons / pixel dolls / pixels / screenshots / tutorials and makes limited changes to the picture and attempts to sell them for profit or claims them to be their original work / property.

Consequences

This is kinda the same as drawings when it is just so blatantly clear that they are stealing they should receive a ban.

• Scenario 2 - Someone takes a part of someone's else enhancement / drawing and attempts to put it in their picture and claim it to be their original work or sell it for profit.

The same rules apply if someone traces someone's drawing or enhancement or if they copy the image to the point where it is clear that they have done so.

Consequences

In these cases definitely the person should know it's wrong to take parts of other people's hard work (people who they know) and put it in theirs. It's just dishonest and gets a ban for sure.
Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:42
Second / Third time receiving a warning

• Have already docked a warning bar for minor theft -

These are the lesser cases that may have been simply ignorance and did not result in a ban.

The next official warning (even if it's a minor warning) will result in a two week ban.
    Because we already warned the person so they should know not to paste part of a copyrighted image in their enhancement / drawing.

• Has already received a two week ban for major theft + one warning bar docked -

In these cases the person will receive a permanent ban from the forums.
    We gave them a chance to redeem themselves and they didn't take us seriously.

We do believe in second chances so we really hope the person will come back and change what they do.
Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 14:11
What to do if you are banned or lost one of your warning bars

If you receive a two week ban / lost one of your warning bars it's best to think over what you did and why you were banned/warned.
Well pretty much the best thing to do is think about how you can start improving yourself without having to steal.

When you are allowed back on to the forums you should definitely review How not to Steal to make sure what you make in the future isn't stealing as well.

We do not post publicly that you have stolen so that you may get a second chance to redeem yourself.
It's definitely not easy... And I applaud anyone willing to go through the long and hard process of first admitting to yourself that you've done something wrong and attempting to start over authentically.

It takes guts and it's hard but I'm sure it will be worth it.

How to make things worse for yourself when you are banned / warned:

1. Pulse / Gossip about how we treat you unfairly
If you feel like you have been treated unfairly then you may send an email to the gasr contact gmail found below, or privately message us incase you weren't banned (2 weeks or permanently).
We have a whole team so hopefully you'll feel comfortable PMing one of us or sending a mail to gasrforum.contact@gmail.com where one of our admins or global moderators can assist you.

Make sure it is a global moderator or admin because they actually have the ability to help you.
PMing a contest moderator won't help because they do deal with those types of problems.

2. Create an Alt Account to re-post your artwork / come back to the forums
If you create an alt account of any sort you will be permanently IP banned from the forums.
And we will know if you do.

As mentioned before if you have a problem with how you were treated and are banned or have been banned you can send a mail to: gasrforum.contact@gmail.com

Gaining back your warning bars
Click on this link to find out how to the warning bar system works: http://www.gasrforum.com/h1-rules-and-guidelines#twelve
Today at 19:13
Page 1 of 1