Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS






Statistics

We have 25449 registered users
The newest registered user is 1800wavves

Our users have posted a total of 1537041 messages in 29663 subjects

GASR Time


Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Like the idea?
Yes
79%
 79% [ 34 ]
No
19%
 19% [ 8 ]
Other (Write below)
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43
 

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 am
I have never seen any shops for GASR profile layouts. Edit: (or full shop layouts)

So, my question is would anyone be interested in something like that?

An example of what I am talking about is on my profile. Click here or click my name.

Another example is Maiba's profile. Click here.

Edit: Examples of my shop layouts are linked in my signature below.


Last edited by Bamahi on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:39 am
maybe set up a poll for yes and no ?

my vote is for no though
not to dog on ur idea or anything but I find it practically useless, imo anyways
if I can code and set up a shop on my own why would I need to pay someone to basically do the same exact thing except for my profile..??

honestly I just don't think a gasr profile layout is really a necessity

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:57 am
@Krist wrote:
maybe set up a poll for yes and no ?

my vote is for no though
not to dog on ur idea or anything but I find it practically useless, imo anyways
if I can code and set up a shop on my own why would I need to pay someone to basically do the same exact thing except for my profile..??

honestly I just don't think a gasr profile layout is really a necessity

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of agree with you, but then again a LOT of people don't know how to code tables or anything like that. I've seen a lot of questions posted here about the tables alone. So some people might find it useful, others may find it useless.

And, it wouldn't just be coding. Backgrounds and headers are made with photoshop.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:04 am
eh not rlly my dig, still find it useless, but who knows?
maybe others will be for it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

maybe set up a poll with answer options being
- yes
- no
- other (write down below)

cos some ppl prolly not gonna take the time out of their day to just post a blatant yes or no, y'know ? polls r gr8 things indeed
+ you might get better results if u have ur poll be one choice only

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.




Last edited by Krist on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 am
Yeah, I can definitely see where some may find it a bit pointless with the basic understanding of coding. But, some of us (like me ) are lazier and can't be bothered to do it ourselves, lol. I'm totes all for it. Profile looks pretty now. Even having tutorials for it might be a good idea. Love how you've thrown in the extras with making things on photoshop as well though!    
Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:14 am
@Krist wrote:
eh not rlly my dig, still find it useless, but who knows?
maybe others will be for it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

maybe set up a poll with answer options being
- yes
- no
- other (write down below)

cos some ppl prolly not gonna take the time out of their day to just post a blatant yes or no, y'know ? polls r gr8 things indeed
+ you might get better results if u have ur poll be one choice only

Done. :)

@Maiba wrote:
Yeah, I can definitely see where some may find it a bit pointless with the basic understanding of coding. But, some of us (like me ) are lazier and can't be bothered to do it ourselves, lol. I'm totes all for it. Profile looks pretty now. Even having tutorials for it might be a good idea. Love how you've thrown in the extras with making things on photoshop as well though!    

Lol yea and Maiba also said this to me Krist:



I like how you called it a "whole in one deal" Maiba. Its different than selling a bunch of shop headers individually.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:21 am
to put it simply, if people just took the time out of their day to educate themselves on the basics then maybe they wouldn't have to pay so much?

if I can do it
you can it


nothing's impossible. people just tend to use laziness as an excuse for their unwillingness to learn or exert efforts.

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 am
@Krist wrote:
to put it simply, if people just took the time out of their day to educate themselves on the basics then maybe they wouldn't have to pay so much?

if I can do it
you can it


nothing's impossible. people just tend to use laziness as an excuse for their unwillingness to learn or exert efforts.

So why buy art from people, if you can just learn to do it yourself?
Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:36 am

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:39 am
@Krist wrote:
http://kuruoshi.deviantart.com/gallery



could ask you the same m8

GASR would not exist if everyone just learned to do it themselves.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i ain't complaining bout the art I buy

jus tellin ya I ain't someone who'd pay for a gasr profile layout, cos for me, I find it useless.
others might be interested in it, although myself? not so much.
u asked for feedback and I gave you mine


so like don't be so hurt just because one person out of like 24k other people didn't like your idea

_________________________
Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance regarding Auctions or any of the things I fall under on the Contact Page.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 am
@Krist wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i ain't complaining bout the art I buy

jus tellin ya I ain't someone who'd pay for a gasr profile layout, cos for me, I find it useless.
others might be interested in it, although myself? not so much.
u asked for feedback and I gave you mine


so like don't be so hurt just because one person out of like 24k other people didn't like your idea

I am not hurt. Thank you for your feedback. I am just trying to support my idea.

eue
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 am
kuku sit down have some tea ilu


+
what u do is pretty not entirely useless since alot of people are to lazy to try to even learn anything
u just wanna help those poor souls its ok

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:38 am
Coming from a person who creates layouts on a regular basis and is very familiar with code theft, I am extremely against the idea of selling profile or shop layouts. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the idea of creating profile and shop layouts for other users, but I know somewhere in the future, people will start to come to us (moderators) and report about users for stealing their codes. Heck, we even get people who report to us about users stealing non-table, simple BBcoding. Once code theft becomes a prevalent issue on GASR, we will be forced to create a new set of rules and regulations for dealing with code theft. Trust me, you do not want to deal with code theft.

Personally, I think it would be okay for you to create profile and shop layouts for others without any compensation. However, if you want to make a profit off your efforts, then I would have to say no.

_________________________
may your limits be unknown
may your efforts be your own
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am
i personally wouldnt be interested in paying for that tbh 
bb coding isnt hard, 
''So why buy art from people, if you can just learn to do it yourself?''
you don't need months or years of practice to be able to bb code lmao

people are just trying to make money off of anything they can think of
Today at 5:17 pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next