Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504021 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Like the idea?
Yes
78%
 78% [ 31 ]
No
20%
 20% [ 8 ]
Other (Write below)
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 am
I have never seen any shops for GASR profile layouts. Edit: (or full shop layouts)

So, my question is would anyone be interested in something like that?

An example of what I am talking about is on my profile. Click here or click my name.

Another example is Maiba's profile. Click here.

Edit: Examples of my shop layouts are linked in my signature below.

Last edited by Bamahi on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:39 am
maybe set up a poll for yes and no ?

my vote is for no though
not to dog on ur idea or anything but I find it practically useless, imo anyways
if I can code and set up a shop on my own why would I need to pay someone to basically do the same exact thing except for my profile..??

honestly I just don't think a gasr profile layout is really a necessity

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:57 am
@Krist wrote:
maybe set up a poll for yes and no ?

my vote is for no though
not to dog on ur idea or anything but I find it practically useless, imo anyways
if I can code and set up a shop on my own why would I need to pay someone to basically do the same exact thing except for my profile..??

honestly I just don't think a gasr profile layout is really a necessity

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of agree with you, but then again a LOT of people don't know how to code tables or anything like that. I've seen a lot of questions posted here about the tables alone. So some people might find it useful, others may find it useless.

And, it wouldn't just be coding. Backgrounds and headers are made with photoshop.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:04 am
eh not rlly my dig, still find it useless, but who knows?
maybe others will be for it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

maybe set up a poll with answer options being
- yes
- no
- other (write down below)

cos some ppl prolly not gonna take the time out of their day to just post a blatant yes or no, y'know ? polls r gr8 things indeed
+ you might get better results if u have ur poll be one choice only

@Flix wrote:

Last edited by Krist on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 am
Yeah, I can definitely see where some may find it a bit pointless with the basic understanding of coding. But, some of us (like me ) are lazier and can't be bothered to do it ourselves, lol. I'm totes all for it. Profile looks pretty now. Even having tutorials for it might be a good idea. Love how you've thrown in the extras with making things on photoshop as well though!    
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 am
@Krist wrote:
eh not rlly my dig, still find it useless, but who knows?
maybe others will be for it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

maybe set up a poll with answer options being
- yes
- no
- other (write down below)

cos some ppl prolly not gonna take the time out of their day to just post a blatant yes or no, y'know ? polls r gr8 things indeed
+ you might get better results if u have ur poll be one choice only

Done. :)

@Maiba wrote:
Yeah, I can definitely see where some may find it a bit pointless with the basic understanding of coding. But, some of us (like me ) are lazier and can't be bothered to do it ourselves, lol. I'm totes all for it. Profile looks pretty now. Even having tutorials for it might be a good idea. Love how you've thrown in the extras with making things on photoshop as well though!    

Lol yea and Maiba also said this to me Krist:

I like how you called it a "whole in one deal" Maiba. Its different than selling a bunch of shop headers individually.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:21 am
to put it simply, if people just took the time out of their day to educate themselves on the basics then maybe they wouldn't have to pay so much?

if I can do it
you can it

nothing's impossible. people just tend to use laziness as an excuse for their unwillingness to learn or exert efforts.

@Flix wrote:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am
@Krist wrote:
to put it simply, if people just took the time out of their day to educate themselves on the basics then maybe they wouldn't have to pay so much?

if I can do it
you can it

nothing's impossible. people just tend to use laziness as an excuse for their unwillingness to learn or exert efforts.

So why buy art from people, if you can just learn to do it yourself?
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:36 am

@Flix wrote:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:39 am
@Krist wrote:
http://kuruoshi.deviantart.com/gallery

could ask you the same m8

GASR would not exist if everyone just learned to do it themselves.
Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i ain't complaining bout the art I buy

jus tellin ya I ain't someone who'd pay for a gasr profile layout, cos for me, I find it useless.
others might be interested in it, although myself? not so much.
u asked for feedback and I gave you mine

so like don't be so hurt just because one person out of like 24k other people didn't like your idea

@Flix wrote:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 am
@Krist wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i ain't complaining bout the art I buy

jus tellin ya I ain't someone who'd pay for a gasr profile layout, cos for me, I find it useless.
others might be interested in it, although myself? not so much.
u asked for feedback and I gave you mine

so like don't be so hurt just because one person out of like 24k other people didn't like your idea

I am not hurt. Thank you for your feedback. I am just trying to support my idea.

eue
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:42 am
kuku sit down have some tea ilu

+
what u do is pretty not entirely useless since alot of people are to lazy to try to even learn anything
u just wanna help those poor souls its ok

Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:38 pm
Coming from a person who creates layouts on a regular basis and is very familiar with code theft, I am extremely against the idea of selling profile or shop layouts. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the idea of creating profile and shop layouts for other users, but I know somewhere in the future, people will start to come to us (moderators) and report about users for stealing their codes. Heck, we even get people who report to us about users stealing non-table, simple BBcoding. Once code theft becomes a prevalent issue on GASR, we will be forced to create a new set of rules and regulations for dealing with code theft. Trust me, you do not want to deal with code theft.

Personally, I think it would be okay for you to create profile and shop layouts for others without any compensation. However, if you want to make a profit off your efforts, then I would have to say no.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:55 pm
i personally wouldnt be interested in paying for that tbh 
bb coding isnt hard, 
''So why buy art from people, if you can just learn to do it yourself?''
you don't need months or years of practice to be able to bb code lmao

people are just trying to make money off of anything they can think of
Today at 3:14 pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next