Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506270 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I want to make profiles a fun way to find out about other members.
I know generally when you click on them they don't say much of anything of use but I've added some sections to hopefully make it so you can customize your profile a bit more and say a bit more about yourself.

Also it will be great because you can put links to your shops directly in your profile!

New Sections

• About Yourself -
    Here you can give a quick description about yourself, you can share your likes, what kind of art you do... Pretty much anything you want to say about yourself.
  • My Current Shop(s) -
    This is the part of your profile where you can add links to your shops or even banners of your shops!!
    It's really simple to add these things all you have to do is add them like you would on the forums with BBCode.
  • Samples of your Artwork -
    You can also add pictures of what kind of artwork you do.
    Just as in the current shop section you can also add pictures the same way you would in the forum with BBCode.
  • Tagline updated -
    I thought it would be fun to have a little saying under your avi picture and this is totally customizable to whatever you want.
    You can put a quote you really find nice or even how you're feeling that day.
  • Display Picture by -
    This was suggested but what a wonderful idea to be able to display right under your display picture who is the artist who made it! It will also display on your profile.

This of course is all totally optional.

Let me know if there's any other sections you want to see on your profile!!
I'll definitely consider adding more.

I have also updated the CONTACT section of the forum.
This way you can also post more things than just your email.
This is some of the things I've added...

• IMVU Homepage -
    This is now a section so you don't have to put it under your website.
  • Deviantart
  • Tumblr
  • Youtube
  • Facebook

I'm also going to be updating the buttons on every post to make sure everything matches.
The old buttons are kinda ugly and need updating anyways.

And that way on every post you post you can link to yourself offsite and have more room in your signature for fun things!

Is there any other links you would like to see that I am missing?

Thank you guys for reading!

- Bedlam

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 pm
i noticed this earlier when i was helping tiffu with the auction stuff
/approve

TIE UP A RIBBON

Son Dongwoon my beautiful angel baby son that blows up cars that I love
twittertumblrDA

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm
always working hard to make this better.

For the Deviantart, Tumblr, Youtube, and Facebook links, are they gonna show up at the bottom? Or do you have to visit the person's profile?
Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:24 pm
@ Seriously - they will soon appear at the bottom I just need to update the buttons and they will as well.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:02 pm
Add a tab where we can say who made our DP? *-*
Other than that you have most of the known stuff unless you want to add such things as fb, titter or pintrest Not sure if want some people use diff stuff or don't want to share their personal contacts like msn, skype and such just an idea but yeah idk D:
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:09 pm
D; Now my signature buttons will become useless

/going to keep using them either way
But I like the new profiles. If only there was a way instead of current shop links we could do an image + link, like our shop banners.
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:10 pm
@IsabellaSilentRose wrote:
Other than that you have most of the known stuff unless you want to add such things as fb, titter or pintrest Not sure if want some people use diff stuff or don't want to share their personal contacts like msn, skype and such just an idea but yeah idk D:

Actually that's a wonderful idea.
Something GASR has needed for a long time.
I'm adding that right now.

That's seriously... Thanks!

+ the beautiful part is it's all optional!
You are definitely NOT required to share your msn / Skype / Facebook

I know for myself I don't have a Facebook so it will just show up as nothing on my contact list.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 pm
@Inject wrote:
D; Now my signature buttons will become useless

/going to keep using them either way
But I like the new profiles. If only there was a way instead of current shop links we could do an image + link, like our shop banners.

+ You can

It accepts BBC code so you can put banners in there as well!
hee

You add them in just as you would on the forums.

And now I guess signatures will be more of an extra fun section.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 pm
Oooo it does? Going to try that now. Be all fancy.

Edit: It doesn't let me, just shows up the code. Or do I need to put it not in the current shops section?
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm
@IsabellaSilentRose wrote:

I've just added it
It displays right under your display picture as well.
hee

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 pm
Awesome idea, I approve this

Keep up the good work ya?

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 pm
@Inject wrote:

Edit: It doesn't let me, just shows up the code. Or do I need to put it not in the current shops section?

OH GOODNESS.
I made it the wrong type lolz.
But yes I had intended it to be banners or links which ever the person prefers.

It's fixed now.
I had to unfortunately delete the old one because it won't allow me to change the type after it's created.
/slaps forummotion

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm
This be awesome.
Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:19 pm
@Bedlam wrote:
@Inject wrote:

OH GOODNESS.
I made it the wrong type lolz.
But yes I had intended it to be banners or links which ever the person prefers.

It's fixed now.
I had to unfortunately delete the old one because it won't allow me to change the type after it's created.
/slaps forummotion

Annnd it's working
I lav you
Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 pm
AWESOMEEE.
Today at 9:14 pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next