Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25979 registered users
The newest registered user is currymic

Our users have posted a total of 1557798 messages in 30063 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Tue 28 Aug - 21:50

I want to make profiles a fun way to find out about other members.
I know generally when you click on them they don't say much of anything of use but I've added some sections to hopefully make it so you can customize your profile a bit more and say a bit more about yourself.

Also it will be great because you can put links to your shops directly in your profile!

New Sections

• About Yourself -
    Here you can give a quick description about yourself, you can share your likes, what kind of art you do... Pretty much anything you want to say about yourself.
  • My Current Shop(s) -
    This is the part of your profile where you can add links to your shops or even banners of your shops!!
    It's really simple to add these things all you have to do is add them like you would on the forums with BBCode.
  • Samples of your Artwork -
    You can also add pictures of what kind of artwork you do.
    Just as in the current shop section you can also add pictures the same way you would in the forum with BBCode.
  • Tagline updated -
    I thought it would be fun to have a little saying under your avi picture and this is totally customizable to whatever you want.
    You can put a quote you really find nice or even how you're feeling that day.
  • Display Picture by -
    This was suggested but what a wonderful idea to be able to display right under your display picture who is the artist who made it! It will also display on your profile.

This of course is all totally optional.

Let me know if there's any other sections you want to see on your profile!!
I'll definitely consider adding more.

I have also updated the CONTACT section of the forum.
This way you can also post more things than just your email.
This is some of the things I've added...

• IMVU Homepage -
    This is now a section so you don't have to put it under your website.
  • Deviantart
  • Tumblr
  • Youtube
  • Facebook

I'm also going to be updating the buttons on every post to make sure everything matches.
The old buttons are kinda ugly and need updating anyways.

And that way on every post you post you can link to yourself offsite and have more room in your signature for fun things!

Is there any other links you would like to see that I am missing?

Thank you guys for reading!

- Bedlam

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun 7 Jun - 11:26; edited 4 times in total
Tue 28 Aug - 21:55
i noticed this earlier when i was helping tiffu with the auction stuff
/approve
Tue 28 Aug - 22:12
always working hard to make this better.

For the Deviantart, Tumblr, Youtube, and Facebook links, are they gonna show up at the bottom? Or do you have to visit the person's profile?
Tue 28 Aug - 22:24
@ Seriously - they will soon appear at the bottom I just need to update the buttons and they will as well.

Tue 28 Aug - 23:02
Add a tab where we can say who made our DP? *-*
Other than that you have most of the known stuff unless you want to add such things as fb, titter or pintrest Not sure if want some people use diff stuff or don't want to share their personal contacts like msn, skype and such just an idea but yeah idk D:
Tue 28 Aug - 23:09
D; Now my signature buttons will become useless

/going to keep using them either way
But I like the new profiles. If only there was a way instead of current shop links we could do an image + link, like our shop banners.
Tue 28 Aug - 23:10
@IsabellaSilentRose wrote:
Other than that you have most of the known stuff unless you want to add such things as fb, titter or pintrest Not sure if want some people use diff stuff or don't want to share their personal contacts like msn, skype and such just an idea but yeah idk D:

Actually that's a wonderful idea.
Something GASR has needed for a long time.
I'm adding that right now.

That's seriously... Thanks!

+ the beautiful part is it's all optional!
You are definitely NOT required to share your msn / Skype / Facebook

I know for myself I don't have a Facebook so it will just show up as nothing on my contact list.

Tue 28 Aug - 23:11
@Inject wrote:
D; Now my signature buttons will become useless

/going to keep using them either way
But I like the new profiles. If only there was a way instead of current shop links we could do an image + link, like our shop banners.

+ You can

It accepts BBC code so you can put banners in there as well!
hee

You add them in just as you would on the forums.

And now I guess signatures will be more of an extra fun section.

Tue 28 Aug - 23:28
Oooo it does? Going to try that now. Be all fancy.

Edit: It doesn't let me, just shows up the code. Or do I need to put it not in the current shops section?
Tue 28 Aug - 23:37
@IsabellaSilentRose wrote:

I've just added it
It displays right under your display picture as well.
hee

Tue 28 Aug - 23:39
Awesome idea, I approve this

Keep up the good work ya?

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Tue 28 Aug - 23:41
@Inject wrote:

Edit: It doesn't let me, just shows up the code. Or do I need to put it not in the current shops section?

OH GOODNESS.
I made it the wrong type lolz.
But yes I had intended it to be banners or links which ever the person prefers.

It's fixed now.
I had to unfortunately delete the old one because it won't allow me to change the type after it's created.
/slaps forummotion

Wed 29 Aug - 0:07
This be awesome.
Wed 29 Aug - 0:19
@Bedlam wrote:
@Inject wrote:

OH GOODNESS.
I made it the wrong type lolz.
But yes I had intended it to be banners or links which ever the person prefers.

It's fixed now.
I had to unfortunately delete the old one because it won't allow me to change the type after it's created.
/slaps forummotion

Annnd it's working
I lav you
Wed 29 Aug - 0:21
AWESOMEEE.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next