Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24602 registered users
The newest registered user is Hopes

Our users have posted a total of 1501649 messages in 29061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm
Give me some feedback on the portal.
Would you find this to be actually useful?
Is there anything else you'd like to see on the portal?

Update wrote:
+ I did some major updating last night.
I added more colours

THOUGH... I'd like an image on the forum.
So boring.

Maybe a paintbrush or something.

I think I'm mostly satisfied with the look of:
- Quick Links
- Artist of the Moment
- News
- Welcome to the GASR forum.
- Getting Started

I will still be fixing...
- Forum Staff
- Contests and Events

WHEN I AM DONE EVERYTHING WILL ALIGN.

Hopefully there will be room for the chat box still.
/had to remove it because it made the center one too long.

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 pm
When I first got on the portal, I went

Ok, I really like it!
1. You immediately see important notices (Like the Don't Panic one, coz I almost DID panic)
2.The chatbox! I can see the chatbox!
3. Its also nice that the newest topics are scrolling at the side.
4. You see who are online.. kekeke
5.The space to advertise! :O

I love it!
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:12 pm
i do like it.
when i first saw it i kinda freaked.

its nice, and i do admit i sometimes dont really check the announcements unless i dont have anything to do, so with this its much nicer, it had everything, and it also has this cute scrolly thing which i love.

i think its nice and organized and it very useful~

+ i also like how everything is placed~~
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm
OKAY. It spooked the hell outa me when I logged on when you were still messin with it. XD I really like it though. LOVE the organization. Could definitely be a great place to advertise.
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm
Well it be like this just for the profile or well things change among the site also ?
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:38 pm
i disliked it at first, honestly, cuz it was messy but i guess you were tweaking with it but i immediately got used to it! it's quite useful, really, that the profile button is .. right there, and you see your profile, the announcements, and chatbox.

people don't read so by having it there makes it kinda like a news article
chances are people will still not read but it'll be easier to find for those who are interested in the news ya know

edit:
as for the profile im kinda worried cuz the post count shows and people might start spamming again by just continuously and endlessly write one or two words or just an emote for random that has no meaning at all
idk tho

Last edited by Diffendoofer on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:38 pm
I like it and think it will come in handy.

- Keeps us up to date when announcements.

Suggestion (if at all possible):
- Move the statistics over and under the Poll box. Just to help even out the page. It's a silly suggestion, but I just thought it'd be nice.
- Maybe take out the chat box and leave it on the "Home" page.

Otherwise, I love it. Thanks for doing it.
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm
@ Humble - yes the exact position of things will definitely change

I'm a bit of an organization freak so (hopefully) I will be able to make it so everything aligns perfectly once I get everything up there.

I can even make it so you can scroll the news so then it doesn't take up like half the page.
/which is awesome

AND OF COURSE YOU CAN MAKE SUGGESTIONS!!
That's the whole point of this thread.
I lav you

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm
@Diffendoofer wrote:
i disliked it at first, honestly, cuz it was messy but i guess you were tweaking with it but i immediately got used to it! it's quite useful, really, that the profile button is .. right there, and you see your profile, the announcements, and chatbox.

people don't read so by having it there makes it kinda like a news article
chances are people will still not read but it'll be easier to find for those who are interested in the news ya know

edit:
as for the profile im kinda worried cuz the post count shows and people might start spamming again by just continuously and endlessly write one or two words or just an emote for random that has no meaning at all
idk tho

Yes sorry lulz.
I'm still tweaking.
It sucks because unfortunately, I cannot tweak in private if I want to see the look of it.

&What the hell...
I'll definitely fix that right away and remove it.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 pm
I like it :D!
I never check the announcements so this brings the gasr news right to me.
Also I love the idea of advertising space too, I defiantly vote to keep it like this
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 pm
I love it!
This will make things so much easier, everyday I go on the announcements thread to see if there's something new, now it'll be right there!

Me gusta Bedlamp!

Kawaii desu~
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 pm
i think the news tab is very useful. i like it.
i'd like the news tab to get on the right side replaced for both profile pic and latest topics.
because i think there's the "view posts since last visit", it's kinda same with latest topics.
so the rest of the forum content can be filled also instead of having to click "home" button every time ='o
home and portal all in one?
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm
Useful, great way for people to see the new announcements, quite a few people forget about this section, so it reminds them etc. Easier to check as well.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 pm
It's always handy and makes it exciting. Good. Way to promote the happenings of the forum , as well as events. Very refreshing, glad the portal was put to use.

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 pm
'Do not be alarmed... I'm just testing out this nifty portal option for our forum.'

this actually make me lol! flattered

i like it! that all i want to say lol
Today at 10:16 pm
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next