Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504022 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 pm
are we relying on Ads now because It's so anoying with these Ads everywhere..
And like my GASR will load when I click on something new and the page will just like shutter and then be longer bc of the huge ad at the top that's blocked by my adblock

click

click

?
Just wondering because I've never seen this stuff before.
Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:06 pm
i don't see ads anywhere, i have ad block as well. last time i had that problem, it's because my chrome was infected. ;; v ;;
Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:16 pm
i had that too for a while, not only on gasr but everywhere. 
check if there's an unwanted extension on your chrome
if you do have one and you can't unable/delete it,
you'll have to uninstall anything suspicious from control panel > uninstall programs,
should be gone then
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 pm
Thanks for the feedback!
But I just looked at my extensions and there's nothing there, and also there's nothing suspiciously added into my things on my computer when I check the programs in my control panel... It's just there..

The thing is called "SmartSuggestor"
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 pm
Good chance you got a piece of Malware as that sounds exactly like a piece of one. The only ads GASR has are user-based ads that our members pay to have on here. The biggest bug those have is if your internet is slow or you stop loading the page the banner loads vertically rather than being a normal changing banner (see bottom of GASR page)

If you recently downloaded/updated IMVU they have been putting Malware in their updates as optional content. Always click no. I have Malware on my computer I can't get rid of other than whipping it clean which isn't an option. Malwarebytes gets rid of a lot of it however. Do a scan with that.
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:18 pm
Thank you so much!
And yeah, last time i was on I updated IMVU..

I'm currently running a scan and I've found one thing.
Hopefully I can get rid of it.
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 pm
Well actually I just did a scan and got rid of everything..
It's still not working.
I have no viruses/harm in my computer and I have no programs or extensions that have to do with that ad..

Unless If I uninstall IMVU?

click
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:32 pm
No... thats a part of your extensions.

Only things involving your actual browser do that.

Also gasr is ad free til december
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:33 pm
Click

Click

But there's nothing suspicious?
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:41 pm
did you check your programs? it could also be in there. Usually its the extensions tho.
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm
x

x

There isn't anything that hasn't been downloaded within the last week..
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:45 pm
Maybe uninstall your browser? and reinstall cause like the only time this has happened to me is if I accidentally enabled an extension
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm
I don't relaly wanna uninstall it tho
Because I don't want to delete all of my bookmarks. :[

However:
x

Should I just quarantine them instead of ignoring them?
Before the huge malware update It never ignored them, It simply got rid of them and asked me to restart my computer. Now all it does is just ignores it?? and then they just reappear like wtf
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:56 pm
it doesn't delete your bookmarks LOL. atleast it never did when I uninstalled it.

and yea might as well quarantine. your computer probably has ebola ):
Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 pm
Oh.  well I don't want to risk it LOL
and ohhh that's how you remove files..

all this time I've been like, ignoring them and like wth
i know how to delete filesss thanks Mea!

-

didnt work wth
Today at 1:16 pm
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next