Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
70%
 70% [ 48 ]
Remove Both
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
20%
 20% [ 14 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
6%
 6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

Statistics

We have 18108 registered users
The newest registered user is LoveLacey

Our users have posted a total of 167237 messages in 2896 subjects

GASR Time

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:55 pm
Okay, so I'm having a HUGE problem with cropping/resizing my art to make DP's...
Everyone else looks so good, but mine come out blurry.
Please help me, or give me a tutorial or something.

Also, HOW do people make fancy borders around DP's?
Help me someone. Show me your ways.

Thank you.

Last edited by xiiVanityx on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:55 pm
No help..
Thanks guys.  
Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:15 pm
generating a negative attitude usually leads to more negativity or avoidance of the one generating it?
idk bout other ppl but i generally prefer not to help someone with a sour attitude.
JS.
**not trying to pick a bone with u or anything so don't take it personal

u may have heard of google
it basically has everything (if u kno how to find what ur lookin for that is)
just like how u can google answers to your hw/quizzes/tests/etc u can do the same with art things
in fact its easier to find art resources than it is to find hw answers (at least i would hope so)
+ our tuts and resources section on the forum has quite a few nifty tips and tricks too

P1.) What program do you use and has it always made your crops blurry ? You can always try different resizes and you can try sharpening too.
P2.) Endless possibilities m8. Endless. Infinite.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:02 pm
I've Google everything I could think of and still nothing so I decided to come here.
I've made other threads for help that get over 50 views and yet no inputs except a mod asking if they could
delete the thread, so not getting any help is fustrating.
I've changed the thread like 3 times. I use Sai, I wasn't trying to be bitchy I was just annoyed, can't blame me for that.
I've tried tiny pic , random resize websites, pic monkey they get blurry. So anymore helpful tips would be
highly appreciated.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 pm
there's deviantart too
which is like specified for artists

really you just have to know how to word your searches.

Since you use SAI I recommend using the binary tool for your borders. Set the size to 1px n zoom in n shiz for ur border. U can get fancy n stuff and instead of just plain-jane border u can make designs. Or you can just use regular tool n draw some cool stuff too i suppose. Then just play with the layer types like overlay/multiply/lumi/etc

GIMP/PS nice ones for sharpen you can adjust n shiz too. GIMP free n I'm sure older versions of PS may be free now ? Idk.

but y.
you can resize with SAI tho ?
y use cheap sites like that.

Canvas > Change Size > width = 160, height = 220 > OK
then either merge your layers or put them in a folder
Layer > Transform
that's how you can resize it

or if it already has the correct dimensions n shiz u can
Canvas > Change Resolution > width = 160, height = 220 > ok
Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:05 pm
Maybe this will help?
(idk kuruoshi already explained it a bit but maybe seeing how to do it would help???)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tLE3FqzB3Y

idk i just found it a while back
I used to have the same problem
Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 pm
Thanks guys, I REALLY appreciate the help. c:
Page 1 of 1