Verifying your account
1. Log in to your Paypal account.
2. Click the Unverified link on the Account Overview page. This will open a Get Verified page which allows you to begin the first stage of getting verified, which is to Set up Bank Funding.
(Mine says Verified
, but yours will say Unverified
.To set up Bank Funding:
1. Add your bank account. They will most likely ask your for your account and routing number. You can find these on your checks, bank statements, or you can call you bank and have them tell you.
2. Click Submit Bank funding Agreement.
3. Read the information and click Set up Bank Funding.
After you start the Bank Funding Process, they will send two deposits between 0.01 and 0.99 cents to your bank account. These deposits will be at PayPal's expense so they won't ask for them to be paid back. They will arrive within 2 to 3 working days.
When you know the amounts of the deposits:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
3. Click My money.
4. In the 'Bank accounts' section, click Update.
5. Select the bank account and Confirm.
6. Enter the two amounts. If there is more than one bank account listed, choose the appropriate bank account by using the drop-down menu.
7. Click Submit. Your bank account will be confirmed if the amounts are correct.
This is the first step to verifying your account, however you are able to take it further by adding a credit/debit card and your social security number. The more information you provide, the more money you are able to receive and send. Linking your paypal and bank account allows you to withdraw money from your bank into your paypal and also deposit money from your paypal into your bank account.