Home2EventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264895 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:32 pm
I don't know if this is where I post suggestions for the NEW forum but I am sure I'll be told if it is wrong or right.
Something that I noticed is that in a lot of the tutorial pages is that you can't even tell if the topics are new or not, meaning there is no date or year( next to the title itself BEFORE you click the topic) so when you go and try to check it out for new and or updated help it hasn't been touched since 2014. Yes when you finally go into the topic that is when you see the dates up at top but what about before you decided to enter the topic? There is just the number of replies and etc. I think it would be helpful for newer users to navigate through. But also for all members and topics.
Which brings me to my next suggestion, There are a lot of artists with shops and topics who haven't been active in a few years or the topic is still open but the "spoilers" and links are gone or not viewable. I figure since all artists and participants are different here, if you yourself create a shop/topic whatever it may be that when you haven't been on for a certain amount of time that it could be temporarily hidden. Example, If I were to be going to school and I knew I wouldn't have time to do any orders or make replies I could go into account settings and hide the shop until I am ready to come back. OR if you can't do it yourself I'd say like after 3 months of no activity then it will auto hide itself until you come back that way no one is confused, sad or disappointed not being able to find an updated page.
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:58 am
If you look at the dates of activity, you'll find that we don't have threads with no activity longer than ~30 days in any of our shop sections.  The forum automatically soft deletes shops/topics after 1 month (hides them from everyone by moving them to the trash) of inactivity, and the cycle runs every 2-7 days, depending on the section.

The only sections we don't do this for are tutorials and the off-topic because those are not sections that get a lot of thread traffic, so there's no need.  The tutorials are meant to be resource threads, and there's no need for resource threads to get activity unless there are updates or someone is purchasing something.

I'm not sure where you're finding shops that have no activity for a few years..

Oldest inactive thread in custom shops:

FRI JUL 14, 2017 9:24 AM

Oldest inactive thread in premade shops:

FRI JUL 14, 2017 2:10 PM

Oldest inactive thread in Free shops:

SUN JUL 16, 2017 11:17 AM

Oldest inactive thread in Collaborative searches:

FRI JUL 14, 2017 5:37 AM

Oldest inactive thread in Trades:

SAT JUL 15, 2017 9:06 PM

Oldest inactive thread in Requests:

SUN JUL 09, 2017 2:26 PM

We even keep the price and critique forum cleaned out:

TUE JUL 18, 2017 9:30 PM
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:32 pm
Ohhhh I seeee!!! @Queen
I don't know maybe I read by too fast but yesterday I went through quite a few shops in the tutorial section and in some of those shops, I would go to the last page and the last comment or reply would have been like 2014 or 2016.
Example:

But because we are getting upgraded to a new and better site, I figured well sure now some of these topics don't get as much traffic, but the new site will get that traffic in places that weren't there before? Lol I could be crazy or just too "head in the clouds" type deal. But I also started thinking about how many people know about this site, you know? Because I didn't know about this until the beginning of this year T_T" that is probably on my end though.
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm
Well, it's partially because we started off as an IMVU related forum when the GASR forum section closed on that website, but over the years, we've opened our doors to any and all artists and now IMVU is slowly fading away. It's not to say that we don't welcome IMVU users and what comes with it, but the community is a lot more diverse now than it was 5 years ago, allowing more and more users to find us and stay once they join.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5