Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

Neptunus

Visit my shop View my bio

Hello there! My name is Cosmin and I'm a 15 years old teenager that lives in Romania. Art is one of my passions along with IMVU. I like creating art for others and for myself sometimes as well. I can't call myself a pro because I am not, but I can call myself an improving artist. I want to get to a level where I can be extremely proud of myself. I'll just have to wait and see.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 358 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 91 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 136 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 165 ]
Total Votes : 782

Statistics

We have 15281 registered users
The newest registered user is Karola

Our users have posted a total of 225003 messages in 3775 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
Sun May 21, 2017 12:45 pm
Yeah, not all links and buttons on the forum work the same, unfortunately.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 pm
Soo I've been thinking that the "ad space" isnt an option used by many members on gasr.. often times its just left blank or just one ad is posted..so I was thinking maybe we can improve that?

I feel like it benefits users quite a bit with getting exposure of not just their art shops but also requests and events but maybe most arent aware of that?

My ideas are 1) the next time theres a gasr contest/event that space is used to advertize it as well as the tab to the left on the homepage (this idea is just to keep the ad space fresh- reminding the community that it does work to get their attention)
2) (this one is more complex) maybe include an option when people start a new topic to select if theyd like to advertize their shop similarly to how they can select if they want a poll.. i know on forumotion it seemed staff had to upload it manually but since we're moving to our own site maybe the payment and upload could all be done via the post?

Im aware the lack of use of the feature could also be price related but i think the pricing is fair. maybe one of these days we can tackle the economy problem on gasr

I just feel like we have a lot of features that the community doesnt really use or even remember is there and im looking for ways to better remind people / expose these features..
Wed May 24, 2017 3:47 pm
@Sublime for your first suggestion, we already start doing that for events. We did it for the GASR magazine application. I guess you probably missed it since the application was on for about 1-2 weeks. But we do have plans to continue to advertise all future events/contests using this method. You should see it soon with our next event!

Wed May 24, 2017 4:06 pm
@Fervent ah okay! Yeah I probably wasnt active at the time and missed it. I have noticed we're using it more for general gasr advertising which is nice too ^^
Wed May 24, 2017 7:13 pm
Idk man, we get quite a few people who use adspace.  This month was a little slow but we have some months where we have 3+ ads in each section running the same time.

I don't see any issues with it for the time being, and we already use it in the way you and Fervent discussed.

We already planned on going over the prices, but it wasn't to make it cheaper.  Most forums I'm apart of with similar traffic to GASR charge like $10 per week for an ad similar to the one we have for our sub-forums, while we only charge $6, so I don't think we'd ever lower the prices.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:21 pm
Idk I know I become inactive here and there but it always seems a little dead to me, like maybe one person using it here or there. Also, I wasn't suggesting lowering prices at all.
Wed May 31, 2017 10:14 pm
Not a big deal, but my posts were just deleted from the LGBT+ thread. I was helping someone with a question, then all of my posts got removed? To avoid spam I told her we'll just go to PM, then they all got deleted.

Even her post was edited to remove my @ that she tagged me in?
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:57 am
@Marona that is odd. I didn't remove or even see them. maybe someone else did?

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:34 pm
Can I request that the header/banner image not be animated please?
I'm all for the rainbow and the LGBT+ Pride. But the animation isn't very appeasing to the eyes.
(It legit triggers a headache if i leave it in view for too long).

@Chelly
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 pm
@Macarons wrote:
Can I request that the header/banner image not be animated please?
I'm all for the rainbow and the LGBT+ Pride. But the animation isn't very appeasing to the eyes.
(It legit triggers a headache if i leave it in view for too long).

@Chelly

Please consider this. Headaches are not fun. @Chelly
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:30 pm
It was considered. I slowed the animation down a little more, but it meets PSE friendly requirements (no more than 3 flashes of movement per second).

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:50 am
Cleaned.

I apologize to our members on behalf of that ludicrous display.  It's not out of the normal for people to get upset about receiving a forum warning, but this was a whole new level of childish and I will not continue to let users ruin this thread for the rest of those who use it for its intended purpose.

Please contact the appropriate mods in the future if you have an issue with something instead of making it public, since we do have the right to set the record straight if you decide to lie or stretch the truth.
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:15 pm
Unlocked now that things have settled.

Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36