Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504692 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:27 pm
@Diabolus

Is there a way to make new messages float at the top of your inbox until you read them?

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:58 pm
Suggestion: it's a long onee..?

This suggestion concerns the contests/challenges of GASR. I fully respect the OFFICIAL GASR contests and challenges, but I feel like there is a lack in hype/excitement for these things. I came from a forum where we did something called modeling, which included various editing, drawing, photo manipulation. This was called a competition with a desired theme or idea based on the host.

Example of PRIZES:

It all depends on the host and what they can provide for their competition, it is important that you keep your prizes realistic and safe (safe meaning, do not offer your MAC BOOK IPAD PRO Mini as a prize). Usually if you want to offer a real object to the winner, thats on you two to discuss shipping, etc. But I highly suggest keep it realistic.

The judges position in the competition would be to judge the art pieces. There will be a criteria for the judges to follow based on what the host wants. Example:
0/5 Creativity
0/5 Color
0/5 Theme
0/5 Style
And the judges will have the opportunity to give their personal critique on the art piece and what you can improve on! Usually the judges would have lots of previous art related work in order to judge. Judges can offer tips, their opinions, fangirl/boy, etc.

The big issue that is important to address is the art theft!! For competitions here (if I could ever host one), I would require that the artist participating in the competition provide a certain amount of WIP pictures/videos along with their official art submission. For the public view, the art will be watermarked and the official art will be PM'd straight to the Host + Judges for review. This will clear the air in terms of any art theft related submissions, and IF we do get any suspicion or anon tip that something was stolen you will be discovered in the end.

There can be different genres and ideas hosts can implement through competitions/contests. It can be long or short, detailed and themed or simple. I have seen other competitions that have had success in the past; story telling contests (followed by a photo/art), fashion, B&W, etc.

EXAMPLE COMPETITION:

I would love to actually give this a go, but I'm afraid its not allowed lol. So I'd like to suggest this to you all~ Let me know what you think and your concerns/questions. I'd like to mention that I wanted to post this suggestion here on Help & Feedback instead of Contest/Events Suggestions because it's not an Official GASR Event, more of a community hosted thing.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:03 pm
Hey @NOSTALGIEX

Members are allowed to host their own events already.  All you would need to do is run it by an event mod (@Mattie for instance) so they can make sure the contest/event is within guidelines.  If it is, they'll give you the green light to go ahead and set it up.

More info is located here under "Contests and Event Forum" -

http://www.gasrforum.com/h1-rules-and-guidelines#contest-two
Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:21 pm
@Queen wrote:
Hey @NOSTALGIEX

Members are allowed to host their own events already.  All you would need to do is run it by an event mod (@Mattie for instance) so they can make sure the contest/event is within guidelines.  If it is, they'll give you the green light to go ahead and set it up.

More info is located here under "Contests and Event Forum" -

http://www.gasrforum.com/h1-rules-and-guidelines#contest-two

Hahahha, omg thank you so much xD! I honestly would have never bothered to check there lol! I appreciate the help ^^

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:26 am
@Nostalgiex that sounds really fun to organize!
As queen said you can run a event if we are ok with it

Next time if you got more great ideas like this one
You can always put it in here :p
http://www.gasrforum.com/t6253-contest-event-suggestions

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"

Pixel by Katie
Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:14 am
Nostalgiex wrote:

Hahahha, omg thank you so much xD! I honestly would have never bothered to check there lol! I appreciate the help ^^

LMAO.  My favorite show ever!  But no worries.  I recommend reading the other sections in there as well.  They might answer some questions you haven't asked yet!
Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 am
@Nostalgiex
I also modified the description of the Events and Contests subforum so people know that they can also create their own contests, too. Hopefully, this will encourage more people to create contests. I think we've had a few user-hosted contests in the past, but they've been all thrown into the basket.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:31 pm
How about adding the emoticons of Mystic Messenger to GASR's list ??
Alot of users on here will fangirl to death, including me.

v
ahh yes, good point.. damn :'[

Last edited by Emty on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:26 pm
^

i feel like people might demand for their own fandom to be added :(

like me, My Little Pony :v)

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:36 pm
aaah, is the feature that a notification comes up before you refresh the page go away?
it would usually pop up somewhere and then once i refreshed, it'd show the lil pop-up that i got a new message or what not. ;v;
did that feature go away? it's a lil thing, but i liked it since i would be able to be notified of messages even if i didn't refresh or move the page for awhile.
/not sure if this make sense
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:19 pm
i like how october is going to be halloween themed already.  
right on. +1
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 pm
WOOOO THIS THEME!!!
Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:43 am
Love the new theme <3
Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:12 am
This new theme is great especially the "Boo" xD
Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:53 am
can we just leave it this theme forever? ;o;
i love it so much
wonderful job on it

accepting private orders | human | premade shop