Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24683 registered users
The newest registered user is Urge

Our users have posted a total of 1505874 messages in 29132 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next
Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 9:06
Don't kill me for this, but... anyone consider the idea of making a separate subforum for all the screenie shops? I dislike browsing for artwork and constantly clicking on screenshot threads by mistake. Especially when they don't even label it (art, pixel art, icons, screenshots etc). Glancing at the first page of the premade forum right now, half are just screenshots threads of avis wearing items they don't even own or purchase. It's super annoying.
Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 12:23
Mmm yeah but the moment we start separating like that we'll have to make separate forums for paintings / icons etc etc

I think the ability to use the things on the side is our best option
This is something we've already considered in the past but decided against it

Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 19:07
@Fawna wrote:
We already have IMVU as a secondary chat, so having another chatting source like skype would probably be too much.

I don't really go on imvu, and skype seemed like a good idea to me since you can go on it on whatever device.

Theres a gasr facebook right?
Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 11:42
We have an official Facebook and Tumblr:

http://gasrforum.tumblr.com
https://www.facebook.com/GASRforum

The Facebook account has been inactive for a while, since the person who runs it no longer has the spare time.

Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 15:09
Why aren't we using the pumpkin gasr logo jen? where is the holiday spirit
Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 15:20
@Morgs wrote:
Why aren't we using the pumpkin gasr logo jen? where is the holiday spirit
Sun 12 Oct 2014 - 14:30
I'm not in charge of the graphics, and we only apply special themes when it is approximately 1 week before the holiday! In the past, we had people complain that the theme was up way too early.

Sun 12 Oct 2014 - 15:11
personally i think it should be put up the month of the holiday so that it helps get everyone into the spirit.
Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 14:54
Dearest wrote:
personally i think it should be put up the month of the holiday so that it helps get everyone into the spirit.

I definitely agree with this. I think it'd be a good idea to get everyone into the spirit during the month of the holiday.
Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 0:23
Like, halloween's tomorrow and the banner hasn't moved an inch.
Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 0:58
I don't celebrate Halloween, and seeing it literally every where for a whole month is very annoying.. I'm sure other people might agree as well. But I know that a lot of people do celebrate it, and I think 2 weeks should be the maximum for themes on the forum.. just so its not so in-your-face to the people who don't celebrate it if that makes sense.
Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 1:03
Trust me, we did that. We used to have the themes up for one month, but then people were complaining about it being too long. That's why we changed it to one week.

I've been busy with studying for five million exams during this month, so updating the theme didn't even pop into my mind. Sorry guys! I'm trying to make some minor changes to the theme to make us look somewhat ready for Halloween. D8

Also, that awkward moment when one of your ex-moderators has all of the theme graphics for GASR...

Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 1:05
keep it grey for my poor eyes okay
Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 1:55
Like to be honest we haven't been doing as many themes as we used to be for special months (cause before we never had up the "default" gasr style lolzz)

If the moderator team wasn't really busy getting more moderators (and reading through 50+ applications) I would say the theme would be a bit higher on the priority list...

We've lost a lot of our moderators who used to update the stuff for the theme (Katelyn, Reini etc)

I was going to do something but again I've been really busy with getting new moderators and for the majority of this month I have been away on vacation as well.

We'll definitely have something up for christmas (and longer) since we won't be stretched so thin I /hope/.

Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 2:01
I volunteer to be sign changer LOL as long as the background can be dark versions of things. A forest green mix for Christmas?
Today at 22:48
Page 3 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next