Gasrforum
Home2EventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

Statistics

We have 9570 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 15096 messages in 450 subjects

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 pm
Okay so like I don't want to come off rude or offensive to anyone who's put in the effort here.. this is just some feedback/critique and my personal opinion. The new use of stock images and poor font choices kinda cheapens the look of the forum.. my thoughts behind this are :

Exhibit A: http://image.prntscr.com/image/b171958b200e4df98f27aa2b27739cea.png Obviously a stock photo and gives the feel of a generic website template. I will however give that it follows an art theme and I love the color, but perhaps we can do better..
Exhibit B: http://image.prntscr.com/image/646eefd738b84a82be10c1cfb0318bc1.png Again, a generic stock photo, but one of verrrry poor quality and the font isn't nearly as clear as it should be.

If we need advertisements I'd rather see the community contribute with their own designs and/or designate a digital artist to invest time into handling the task(s).
Wed May 10, 2017 9:16 pm
@Marona wrote:
One (kinda dumb) suggestion. Is it possible to make it to where you can "unheart" someone's post? I accidentally heart-ed a post on here, which isn't a big deal. I just couldn't undo it. Sad days. :(

Unfortunately no.  :(  The rep system was built by forumotion and it's only a one way street.  LOL

It sucks cause I've accidentally liked posts scrolling through pages too.  Oh well, ppl get all the free heartssss.

@TSU;

I can see about adding a private section or little note box to accounts that only you (and staff) can see. Is that what you meant? Like your own personal private little blacklist stored on gasr so you don't have to necessarily block people?
Wed May 10, 2017 10:15 pm
@Chelly I'm ready to move away from them then. :(

@Sublime I see your point, but I feel it's just a placeholder, nothing permanent. Before it was just a very simple, semi-boring background, so they're wanting to make things pop a bit more. They'll change it here soon or once we move over to our own server.

I believe Chelly wants to continue updating the forum, so yeah, I don't believe those images are permanent.

But I think it'd be a great idea if the community created images for GASR's header!
Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 pm
The reason why we don't let members do it is because it's a fixed background that needs to be both high quality and large in size, which 99% of artists here don't do, and we've always had issues in the past with user created images.

(Like how we commissioned someone to make the Christmas header and people were upset that they weren't considered for that opportunity, which I completely understand.)

All the images we're using for temporary placeholders right now are images we used throughout 2015 and people enjoyed them so we think they're perfect for what we want to accomplish right now and don't plan on making changes.

Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 pm
Hmm, perhaps the users can submit their own art of their choice and piece it together into a huge picture, then just dim down the opacity.
Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 pm
Chelly wrote:
@Marona wrote:
One (kinda dumb) suggestion. Is it possible to make it to where you can "unheart" someone's post? I accidentally heart-ed a post on here, which isn't a big deal. I just couldn't undo it. Sad days. :(

Unfortunately no.  :(  The rep system was built by forumotion and it's only a one way street.  LOL

It sucks cause I've accidentally liked posts scrolling through pages too.  Oh well, ppl get all the free heartssss.

@TSU;

I can see about adding a private section or little note box to accounts that only you (and staff) can see. Is that what you meant? Like your own personal private little blacklist stored on gasr so you don't have to necessarily block people?

yes; its more private. Some people dont want there friends to attack them if they see a friend on the foe list etc.
also if we do this blacklist is it possible to have it so you can have restriction levels?
like lvl1 is blocked
lvl 2 is links to out going sites are none usable
lvl 3 our shops/posts/ are not visable to that person

also will ot4ot be back??

and another idea; are we as the shop thread creature allow to remove/clean our own page. But the original post are still seen in the background by mods etc.

cuz it is troublesome and time consuming for mods to go into a shop of like 45 pages and clean it all up.
also be able to clean through tagged words? like everything is removed but img/forums etc?
Fri May 12, 2017 12:18 am
@Tsu

Uh.. no.  There's no way for me to add in levels.  I was just suggesting a quick little thing to do since I'm not planning on making any major changes to GASR until after we move, and even then, I don't think that's possible, lol.  Your suggestions just seem like you want them to have different levels of being blocked and that makes absolutely no sense to me. Just block them. + Why can't you just create a word document saved on your computer with a list of names?

OT4OT will not be back on here, no.

No forums allow their members to delete other user's post or comments.  Deviantart doesn't even let you remove your own posts or comments, they only allow you to edit or hide.

I'm not sure why everyone is pushing for this to happen on GASR.  It's a security risk.  The option to soft delete is there, but there's no use for it on GASR.  It's not troublesome or time consuming at all to clean out shops.  There are options that let us take everything out with the click of a button while leaving the main posts behind.

I don't understand any of the other things you suggested or mentioned.
Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 am
To add to what Chelly said, I will finally state that the Off-topic section will only be back (IF we bring it back) in the new forum. With all that's going on right now with the move we just won't have the time to think about it. It's not worth it. We can start fresh with a brand new forum and an OT section with a better moderation system.
Sun May 21, 2017 12:52 pm
I found kind of a bug. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing it, it's also very little.

When replying to people in messages, the 'Reply' button won't work unless you press it dead center (Where the text is only). Like you can't push it on the side or the bottom, you have to click it on the center.

I've only had small issues with that button only, thought you should know.
Sun May 21, 2017 1:18 pm
It's not a bug, it's the way the button is coded.

The link itself is only the words "Reply to Message", while the purple around it is just a background color to try and make it match the rest of the buttons on the forum.

Sun May 21, 2017 1:33 pm
It was intended to do that? Lol.

Thought you should know anyways.
Sun May 21, 2017 1:39 pm
I remember Jen saying that was an issue but she couldn't find another way to make it work, so I guess we have to deal with it
Sun May 21, 2017 1:45 pm
Yeah, not all links and buttons on the forum work the same, unfortunately.
Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm
Soo I've been thinking that the "ad space" isnt an option used by many members on gasr.. often times its just left blank or just one ad is posted..so I was thinking maybe we can improve that?

I feel like it benefits users quite a bit with getting exposure of not just their art shops but also requests and events but maybe most arent aware of that?

My ideas are 1) the next time theres a gasr contest/event that space is used to advertize it as well as the tab to the left on the homepage (this idea is just to keep the ad space fresh- reminding the community that it does work to get their attention)
2) (this one is more complex) maybe include an option when people start a new topic to select if theyd like to advertize their shop similarly to how they can select if they want a poll.. i know on forumotion it seemed staff had to upload it manually but since we're moving to our own site maybe the payment and upload could all be done via the post?

Im aware the lack of use of the feature could also be price related but i think the pricing is fair. maybe one of these days we can tackle the economy problem on gasr

I just feel like we have a lot of features that the community doesnt really use or even remember is there and im looking for ways to better remind people / expose these features..
Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm
@Sublime for your first suggestion, we already start doing that for events. We did it for the GASR magazine application. I guess you probably missed it since the application was on for about 1-2 weeks. But we do have plans to continue to advertise all future events/contests using this method. You should see it soon with our next event!

Cain - Today at 12:10 AM
playing the nya desu ka me desu kawaii nya card

Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next