Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506273 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am
Suggestions & Feedback

Have something you think would improve the forum?
Post it here!
We will take it into account and try to implement it if popular and possible.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 am
Honestly think that you should get a certain number of people 4 . To critique art . The best on here . Because I hate that people are bashing peoples art underpricing it . And people are like giving up on their art because of that . Even if their trying to help . Their not being reasonable .
Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:21 am
The best on here is a matter of personal opinion and wouldn't really be an effective system. If you personally are unhappy with how people are pricing you art you are not bound to the pricing they give you and may charge whatever you wish. If you are feeling discouraged perhaps consider their advice to improve your artwork. Anybody can learn from that.

And finally, if you are feeling so discouraged enough to give up then simply step away from that section. I browse it regularly and most people are kind and give helpful advice.
We did come up with a pricing guide and a 'How to critique' guide but those are only helpful guidelines that do not have to be followed.
Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:34 am
I find myself missing contests and what not. Is it possible to have a message or something of that sort or a notification stating that there is contests going around or anything fun of that nature. Like a few day's notice.
Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:22 am
@Improbus wrote:
I find myself missing contests and what not. Is it possible to have a message or something of that sort or a notification stating that there is contests going around or anything fun of that nature. Like a few day's notice.

Usually when we're hosting a contest or event there will be an announcement on the portal: http://www.gasrforum.com/
As far as personal notifications go, I'm not a technician, but I could ask TurtleTrainer if there is anyway for users to opt in to being notified about events/contests.

For now you can try clicking the "Start watching forum" link located on the bottom right corner int eh Contest and Events section: http://www.gasrforum.com/f11-events-contests
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:01 am
-

Last edited by Alexx on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 am
Quote :
When you are notified of a post in a watched topic, I think that rather than just saying 'watched topic' it should name the topic itself. Then we'd be able to keep track of them better.

This was brought up awhile back, I believe our technician told the last user that there was no way we could get around this. The coding for the toolbar/notifications itself is very limited. D;
Trust me, we agree it'd be SUPER helpful to just list the topic name instead of "Watched Topic"

Quote :
I think that the little badges next to topics (saying what the topic includes; art, screenshots etc.) should be clickable. After that, it could go to a page with all topics of that genre listed (for that section of the forum of course).

Again, I'm not sure we'll be able to do that...coding being limit and all but I'll mention this one to our technician and she what she thinks.
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:47 am
What happened to the tagging ? It was very help ful
Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:28 pm
-

Last edited by Alexx on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm
TurtleTrainer wrote:
I checked the scripts, and everything is in its place, so no one has been tampering with them lately. However, I opened up the script reference, and it is just giving me a blank page. I am thinking the site that hosts the script for the tagging system is down at the moment.

We don't really know when forumotion will fix the tagging issue.

Quote :
The coding for the toolbar/notifications itself is very limited.

I included notifications in that sentence for a reason. o no
If we ever find a way to do these we're going to do it, it's just that we can't.
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:01 pm
-

Last edited by Alexx on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 pm
Re: tagging
It's not Forumotion who is in charge of the tagging system; another website, who made the tagging script for Forumotion's websites, no longer supports that script, so we will have to permanently live without the tagging system from now on. I enjoyed that option, too.

Re: toolbar/notifications
Also, Forumotion does not, and I am not talking lightly about this, allow anyone to make extensive modifications to the toolbar for very weird (mostly copyright) reasons. We can only control the aesthetics of the toolbar, like text color and background. I am not sure if we can rename "in a watched topic" to the actual topic title. I would need to take a closer look to see if that is possible.

Re: notifications page and clickable topic icons
I would have to take a closer look into these, as well. I'm leaning towards a "no" for both of these because Forumotion has a very shitty way of sorting out topics.

I hate shooting down wonderful ideas constantly, but I hope you guys understand that Forumotion limits what we can do. We can only build from Forumotion's existing foundation, which isn't much to begin with.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:16 pm
so glad tagging is gone I hated the constant messages. would have been better if like when a person tagged me it showed up on the main screen as important rather than just messaging me
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:05 pm
I noticed the "Auctions" part of the forum has some threads from late August through September in them that are over. (Including one of my own)
Just wondering if you guys are doing okay! I know busy schedules with the new school year and jobs/life situations make it a little more difficult in the fall.
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 am
A little while back all of our auction moderators resigned so we're trying our best to keep that going on top of our other moderator duties. We'll have that cleaned up ASAP.
Today at 8:17 pm
Page 1 of 33Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next