Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 439 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 176 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 239 ]
Total Votes : 1010

Statistics

We have 15178 registered users
The newest registered user is Glend4rts

Our users have posted a total of 264656 messages in 4585 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am
Suggestions & Feedback

Have something you think would improve the forum?
Post it here!
We will take it into account and try to implement it if popular and possible.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 pm
Being able to delete the replies on your shops would be great, once I finish a request it would be awesome to be able to delete that post. ;-; If there is already a way to do this please forgive me I am new.
Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 pm
@coffeexcup wrote:
Being able to delete the replies on your shops would be great, once I finish a request it would be awesome to be able to delete that post. ;-; If there is already a way to do this please forgive me I am new.
Not sure if anybody has replied to this to you, but you can always message a moderator to clean your thread for you with just your post.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm
solved...

Last edited by Nox on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:43 pm
@Nox

You can go through and message a mod and they should be able to put it back up (:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 pm
thank you  ill try!
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm
I'd love if other things other than IMVU were allowed shops. I've been wanting to do SecondLife art on here but I found out its not allowed. :(
Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:04 pm
@veiken It's something I'd like to see happening soon. GASR has started its plans of drifting off from IMVU in 2015 and we are slowly trying to change things so we don't just go "bam no IMVU anymore" since about 90% of our users came from IMVU and are still used to purchasing IMVU art. Since we started allowing OCs to be drawn and stuff it does make sense that we also allow art from other games similar to IMVU. Thanks so much for your suggestion!
Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm
I hope one day gasr has events that aren't just traditional holidays
e.g. International womens day
international mens day
Black history month events
Eid
Hanukkah
Mental health week
I mean I get we can't have an event all the time but I feel they are limited to
new year, valentines, easter, halloween and Christmas. Maybe we could expand to involve some other important events
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:14 pm
@VICTIMISED That is true! I like those ideas! Idk why I'm picturing a men's international day, where the forum is full of mustaches..

You guys have great ideas!! But, sometimes the official moderators can't host them due to lack of space in the schedule or just too busy to host. But you guys can definitely host your own contests check it out here: http://www.gasrforum.com/t43603-must-read-how-to-host-a-contest
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm
@Angel LOL don't worry I imagined men with those one eye glasses in suits with twirly moustaches
Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:00 am
i feel like i should make a separate topic for this but...

i think that we should make gasr a bit more artist friendly, in the way that payment before starting working on a piece should be more common
too many buyers rely on the fact that if they wont like the art in the end, the artist can just sell it as a premade, so the buyer asks for art anyway out of curiosity ...
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:07 am
@Victimised wrote:
e.g. International womens day
international mens day
Black history month events
Eid
Hanukkah
Mental health week
I mean I get we can't have an event all the time but I feel they are limited to
new year, valentines, easter, halloween and Christmas. Maybe we could expand to involve some other important events

@Victimised
AYYYYYYY BLESSINGS FROM THE ARABIAN SIDEE~
I would love to celebrate Eid with Gasr!! I really hope this happens!
Lazy blushu
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:52 am
@Nox wrote:
i feel like i should make a separate topic for this but...

i think that we should make gasr a bit more artist friendly, in the way that payment before starting working on a piece should be more common
too many buyers rely on the fact that if they wont like the art in the end, the artist can just sell it as a premade, so the buyer asks for art anyway out of curiosity ...

i believe this would be all up to the artists' themselves. we can't force all artists to take payment first as a lot may not feel comfortable with this or other reasons.
maybe we can make a payment guide for artists though, talking about ways they can take payments, different payment options, ways to protect yourself from scam. this can help current artists that are confused or considering changing their payment methods (unless we already have one >.> we can also edit it a bit if it's dated)

if you have tips and stuff about this, feel free to pm me and we can see what we can do about this
Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:09 pm
@jaz thanks for trying to help!
i know that artists can pick their method of payment, but buyers on this site are a bit eeeehhhhh when it comes to upfront payment, and this discourages new artists from coming on this site...
not to mention the mess in the request area...useres disappearing for weeks without paying, or simply ignoring everything

the problem is that i dont think that docking a health bar to those that perpetuate the problem is a solution (because there arent many artists that take into consideration a buyers health bar when accepting a request, ) , nor adding more rules that will make this site so much different from the other art sites than it already is...
but im sure that the upcoming update will make the site less alien to newcomers, so ill wait a bit more for the new rules and ill come back on this subject (since i dont like pointing out problems without trying myself to find a solution   )
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next