We have an ad-free forum until December of 2019. Until then, all money donated is going towards buying another year of ad-free and for contest prizes. Thank you for your contributions!
Table of Contents
Alexia and Katelyn originally spent their own money to keep the forum ad-free and to get our domain name.
Keeping our domain name and staying ad-free is not cheap, however. It currently costs $6.30 USD for ONE month to stay ad-free, and $56.30 USD per YEAR. On top of that, our domain costs $22 USD per year. That's almost $80 USD that we have to spend every year! Thanks to our members' contributions, we have been able to keep GASR running smoothly and enjoyable. It may not seem like it, but every little bit helps! In addition, any leftover money will be used toward prizes for future contests and events. As a sign of our gratitude, we'll give you a gold "contributor" badge on your profile after you send a donation.
Ways to donate
To help with our domain name and advertisements:
Send money via Paypal by clcking the link below (you will be redirected to Paypal's secure site):
Send credits to GASRforum
Donate via IMVU support sticker
After you have donated you MUST send a message to an Administrator or a Technician with proof of your donation so they may grant you the contributor badge.
Other ways to donate: purchase an ad-space or a profile background. Keep reading if you're interested!
Purchasing an Ad Space (another way to donate)
How do you get an influx of customers to your newly created shop? How about gaining visitors for your art blog? Here's one solution for you: display a large banner for your shop on the main pages of GASRforum! By puchasing an ad, you are helping GASRforum stay ad-free and increasing funds for future events and contests. Don't worry, we will make sure that these ads will not hinder your stay on GASR.
- Pricing and Location
- Option 1: The Homepage
- location: below Staff Updates
- price: $4.00 USD per week
- banner size: 275width x 200height pixels
- Option 2: The Subforums
- location: at the top of every subforum page but not inside threads
- price: $6.00 USD per week
- banner size: 900width x 150height pixels
- Banner Guidelines
The following guidelines must be taken into account. We have the right to decline an ad should it deviate from the criteria or violate GASR's general rules and guidelines.
- Banners must be exactly the same size as listed under the "Pricing and Location" section.
- Banners must be SFW (Safe For Work).
- Banners may be animated but need to be PSE-safe.
- Banners and location may not be changed once it has been placed on the forum.
- You may purchase a maximum of 4 consecutive weeks. After 4 weeks, there is a minimum 2 week wait before purchasing more weeks.
- You may request your banner to be removed from the forum at any time. However, no refunds will be acknowledged.
- Link Restrictions
The following list discusses which websites are allowed or not allowed to be linked in the ad. If you are still unsure, you may ask an administrator or a technician.
- GASRforum - allowed
Any part of GASRforum is allowed to be linked.
- DeviantART, Tumblr, Livestream, Facebook, Youtube, and other popular social media - allowed
You may promote any of these types of sites in your ad, so long as they are art-related, SFW (Safe For Work), and personally managed by you and your peers.
- Other forums not managed by the staff of GASR - not allowed
Since GASRforum has no power over the businesses practiced on these forums/sites, they cannot be linked in the ad. We cannot ensure that their practices are safe and authentic.
Banners must be approved by the staff before being displayed on the forum. This is to ensure that the banners adhere to the rules and guidelines of GASR. Please note that there is only one submission per person at a time. You my submit more in the future.
Fill out the form above and send the finished application to an Administrator or a Technician.
Once accepted, you will be asked to send your donation/payment to the GASRforum Paypal [ link ].
Purchasing a Profile Background (another way to donate)
As an extra incentive to receive donations, we have decided to add the ability for users to purchase their own custom background for their homepage. An example of a profile a background is shown below:
- How to get a custom background
The price to "buy" the profile background is a donation of $5 USD sent to the GASRforum Paypal [ link ]. After sending a donation, contact a Technician with proof of your donation and what you would like for your background.
- You have 2 choices for backgrounds
- An image
The image can be a generic wallpaper, a pattern, etc. from the internet, but it must be in accordance with our forum rules. Therefore, we will reject it if it is NSFW, not PSE-safe, or if it is artwork made by another artist on Deviantart or this forum that you do not have permission to use.
- A solid color
You can make your background a solid HEX color, such as #9900cc. Click here to pick your color.
- Please note
- We will not be issuing refunds under any circumstances.
- It will cost another $5 USD to change the image/color, but we will not charge you if you want the background removed.
- Backgrounds are only visible when you view a person's profile page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where do the credits go to? Who is in charge of the Paypal?
A: Because of the removal of IMVU resellers the credits donated to the forum will go to prizes for contests only. The money we receive on paypal goes towards the removal of advertisements and keeping our domain name (not being called gasrforum.forumotion.com). Currently Bedlam is in charge of the paypal.
- Q: How do you keep track of the credits/donations? Won't you get them confused?
A: All administrators monitor donations made on the GASRforum account. The account is separate from personal accounts so there is no confusion. All credits on that account belong to the GASRforum. The paypal is also separate from our personal accounts.
- Q: What happens if you receive more money than you thought you would?
A: We'll just save it for another month's of ad removal, the domain name, extra security, a gallery, or contests!
- Q: What happens if I don't donate? Will you delete my account?!
A: GASR Forum will never delete accounts or ban people if they don't donate. If you don't donate, then you don't donate.
- Q: How do I know you guys aren't just spending the money?
A: Any administrator can screenshot the finances at any time. Also, if the GASR forum were just spending the money, how could we have gotten a domain name and an ad-free forum?